Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Preset Columns per day (Read 6536 times)
Damian
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Preset Columns per day
May 5th, 2006 at 9:19am
Print Post  
I need a feature to allow a day to be split into x number of columns per day. Would this be possible?

At the moment you can add more than one item to a cell to sort of do this but it makes it very difficult to be able to see if there is a free slot if we split a calendar into 3. 

Im using the control to book out company resources and certain resources can be split into 3rds for example.  I need to be able to book 1/3, 2/3 or the whole lot and also see if i have free slots for that cell/time slot.

Please advise if there is a way i could do this or whether the control could be modified in any way to do this.

TIA
Damian

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Preset Columns per day
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2006 at 9:51am
Print Post  
What view are you referring to? Also, is it possible to draw a sketch of what you want to achieve and send it to support@mindfusion.org?

Thank you,
Meppy

IP Logged

Damian
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2006 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Ahhh!- I'ive been investigating more myself and i think ive half answered my own question.

I'd not used the controls resource functions as i didnt realise you could add resources to the timetable view! Doh!!

This would almost sort my problem as i would get the multi-column per day view that i was after - although im going to have to write some code to now bend my app a bit because i use a calendar per resource and thats how its stored in the sql server database.

I'll go and have a play with the resource function of the control and see if i can get it to work with my app.

What i did notice from the demo was you cannot create the same booking for multiple resources by highlighting the same cells for each resource - as you do for adding a booking covering mutliple cells for a single resource.  Would this be do-able? I can add a tick box to add to other resources in the mean time.

Thanks for the quick reply!

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2006 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Indeed, you cannot add an item to more than one resources interactively. Regardless you can create the item for a single resource, then handle the ItemCreated event and associate that item with additional resources as desired.

Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint