Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Android version of PocketPlanner? (Read 10934 times)
Franz
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Android version of PocketPlanner?
Oct 31st, 2011 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Dear MindFusion,

Several years ago we implemented a Windows CE scheduling module for our client's parcel tracking system that incorporates PocketPlanner. Now the client is investigating the plausibility of implementing their mobile modules on Android OS. Do you have any plans to create an Android version of the component?

We have purchased the license with source code, and might try to port the code in house if you give us permission, but we'd rather use an official Android version released and supported by you.

Thank you for any information.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Android version of PocketPlanner?
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Hi Franz,

We haven't thought of creating Android components, but we'll research the Android API in the next few days and let you know. If your software will run on tablets, you could consider implementing the scheduling UI as a web application using our ASP.NET control. This will also let you use it on other platforms. We are not sure whether it will be very usable on phone screen sizes though.

Regards,
Meppy

P.S.: Is there anyone else out there interested in Android version of the component (or even iOS)?

IP Logged

Franz
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Android version of PocketPlanner?
Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Hi Meppy,

The client likes the idea to use a web control. We will evaluate how well it works with mobile browsers and touch interface, but please keep me posted about what you decide for Android support.

Thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint