Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Compatibility with pages using asp:ModalPopupExtender? (Read 1762 times)
rlira
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Compatibility with pages using asp:ModalPopupExtender?
Dec 27th, 2011 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Hello again!

The title says almost everything. The same page I'm using NetDiagram now needs a popup modal with information. The problem is that I also need to use applet mode and with that the applet is always on top of the modal.

Is there any z-index or any other way to make the popup appear on top?

The div I use as background already has z-index set to 999 but applet still shows on top.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue? I understand this is probably a ModalPopupExtender+Applet problem, but I'm guessing someone out there could've found the answer trying to make it work with NetDiagram.

Edit: I tried setting DiagramView.Visible to false before showing the modal but it didn't work. I guess some other piece of the applet also need to be hidden for it to work.

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

rlira
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Compatibility with pages using asp:ModalPopupExtender?
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2011 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Just wanted to point out a few other things:

* I'm testing on IE8.

* My page uses "<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />".

* If I remove the line mentioned above part of the popup are displayed but that only happens because the height of the applet is somehow affected on IE8 native mode.

* Testing under these circunstances clearly show that the code to make the DiagramView invisible is working. However the applet seems to really have a parent window wich is still visible.

Maybe there is a way to get that parent window?

Edit: Considering I was going after making the diagram invisible, I decided to wrap it into a div and make it invisible. This works but it's not the desirable effect. Gonna keep looking how to make the extender works with applets.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Compatibility with pages using asp:ModalPopupExtender?
Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2011 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Hi,

IE cannot display html elements over applets and other plugins since they are hosted in a different window than the browser's one. The only work-around I know of is to temporarily overlay the applet with an iframe and then show the HTML elements over that iframe. iframe elements have their own windows that hide applets / plugins behind them, but IE renders other HTML elements from the page inside the iframe windows if necessary.This is explained here:

http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2005/08/09/how-to-put-a-div-over-a-select-...

I hope that helps.
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint