Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Upgrade Silverlight 4 to 5 and compatible version of MindFusion diagramming – Need Your Opinion (Read 5605 times)
Todkar
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Upgrade Silverlight 4 to 5 and compatible version of MindFusion diagramming – Need Your Opinion
Jul 16th, 2013 at 9:15am
Print Post  
I am currently using Silverlight 4 and MindFusion.Diagramming.Silverlight [MindFusion.Diagramming.Silverlight .dll version 2.1.0.34557].
I wish to migrate the application to Silverlight 5 and MindFusion.Diagramming.Silverlight .dll version 3.0.0.25667

I just wanted to know what steps I need to follow for this upgradetion?

Is there any impact or major code changes need to done while upgrade the version?

I Would like to know your expert opinion on this.

__InAddition__
I have used NodeListView in my application, and I am trying to upgrade the MindFusion.Diagramming.Silverlight.dll trial version. but I am not able to get “NodeListView”.

So is it available in professional version [License version] only?

Also wish to know any other members like NodeListView?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Upgrade Silverlight 4 to 5 and compatible version of MindFusion diagramming – Need Your Opinion
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2013 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Hi,

You must now add a reference to the MindFusion.Diagramming.Controls.Silverlight.dll assembly in order to use NodeListView. There are some API changes introduced with version 3, you can find them listed at http://www.mindfusion.eu/onlinehelp/diagramlite/index.htm?CC_What_s_New_in_this_....

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Todkar
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Re: Upgrade Silverlight 4 to 5 and compatible version of MindFusion diagramming – Need Your Opinion
Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Thanks for your valuable reply.

I have updated the MindFusion DLL for Silverlight 5. But I am facing issue with Pen.

I have used “Pen” from DiagramItem which is present in Previous version, I didn’t found “Pen” in latest version. its change in version 3. Its fine.

If I go with latest version then there will be major change in my application.  Because I have used DiagramItem.Pen 1000 of time.

So it could be good if you suggest me how could I do upgrade MindFusion dll with latest version in minimum amount of work.

Thanks,
Undecided

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 7:40am
Print Post  
You should now use the Stroke and StrokeThickness properties. Try using the Edit -> Find and Replace -> Replace in Files function of Visual Studio for each Pen assignment until the compiler stops complaining. E.g. replace "node.Pen = new Pen(brush, 2);" with "node.Stroke = brush; node.StrokeThickness = 2;". Alternatively, set Stroke and StrokeThickness in a Style instance and replace the Pen assignments with Style assignments.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint