Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Owner Draw using Shape Template. (Read 5464 times)
lochiano
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Owner Draw using Shape Template.
Oct 2nd, 2013 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
We have a pro license to the activeX version of your library.  We have a need to use almost all of your fine product, but also need to draw our own chart.

I see lots of capabilities to define shape templates (e.g. define the boundary and the anchor points). I also see the methods that would allow us to retrieve the anchor points for shapes.

However, I have not been able to locate the methods that will allow us to retrieve the boundary points/arcs and decoration lines from either predefined shapes or from shapes that we might define.

Any hints?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Owner Draw using Shape Template.
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2013 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Hi,

If by drawing charts you mean graphics like bar or line charts, there are several ways you could implement that:

- draw them inside a bitmap or wmf image and assign it to box.Picture
- custom-draw them inside boxes using the win32 or gdi+ APIs
- host ActiveX chart controls using boxes with Style set to bsAxControl
- you could probably draw them using custom ShapeTemplates as in your post, but that will limit somewhat their appearance to having only a single fill and a single stroke color.

There is no way to get decoration coordinates from the shapes at this time. If you define custom shapes, you will know their decoration coordinates anyway, and could keep them in a separate array along with the shapes. If you need to get the coordinates for built-in shapes, we will add some methods to return them for next release.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

lochiano
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2013 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
ok.  that is what I thought.  We will go ahead and reverse engineer the few "predefined" shapes that we might like from your existing library.

And yes, we would like to suggest that in a future release you consider exposing this information for all shapes.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
You can find the shape definitions here:
http://mindfusion.eu/_samples/std_shapes.txt

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged