Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic how to improve the Diagram‘s operation efficiency when it contain Ten thousand nodes and link?s (Read 1694 times)
heyx

I Love MindFusion!

how to improve the Diagram‘s operation efficiency when it contain Ten thousand nodes and link?s
Apr 21st, 2015 at 9:34am
Print Post  
hi,
   I use Diagram to create circuit-diagram and it may have Ten thousand nodes or more.
the phenomenon is that when I crate 1000 node or more, the diagram is very slow to move the select nodes. it seem that Computer  performed sluggishly.
  so I want to know how to solve this or improve the diagram's efficiency ?
thanks.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: how to improve the Diagram‘s operation efficiency when it contain Ten thousand nodes and link?s
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2015 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Hi,

WPF needs some time to update the visual tree if it's very large, so for diagrams with thousands of nodes you will need to use some sort of virtualization. You might try the VirtualizingDiagram control installed with WpfDiagram (see Virtualization sample project), or implement your own virtualization by removing and adding items dynamically when the viewport changes due to scrolling or zooming.

Alternatively you could create a bitmap image to show your circuit-diagram graphics and create actual diagram nodes only as interactive editors when you detect mouse is over some part of the diagram image. When users finish modifying a node or a link, update the bitmap and remove the interactive items to keep the WPF visual tree small.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint