Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ability to Override Dialog boxes (Read 8216 times)
dhandler
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ability to Override Dialog boxes
Nov 15th, 2005 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Hi,

Just found your site and I'm curious about your product.  I'm currently downloading the trial to play with, but had a question out of the gate: does the control allow me to "override" your provided dialog boxes (e.g. appointment, recurrence) and replace them w/ my own?  Also, I need to map the all the fields relating to an appointment to a database.  How can i see the serialization of your Recurrence?  I currently use a competitor of yours and I'm free to do all this.  Finally, does the control allow me to have "owners?"  If so, can i display multiple owners within a single control?

Thanks,
Doug

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Ability to Override Dialog boxes
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Hi,

Thanks for trying Planner.NET!

Actually the control never displays any dialog boxes automatically. The dialogs can be displayed by an application in response to events, such as ItemClick. So it is up to you whether to use the dialogs provided by the ScheduleStandardForms.dll or use your own.

The control does not provide automatic data binding at this time. If you need to save all fields in a database, you could either do that by enumerating all items and assign their property values to dataset fields, or by exporting the schedule to an XML document and use the ADO XML mapping features to save the document.

I am not sure what you mean by "owners" ? If these are the contacts related to schedule events, then yes, you can associate multiple contacts to events. Furthermore, the timetable view lets you display events for each contact in a separate column. To do that, set the TimetableSetting.GroupType to Contacts and add the contact you need to display in separate columns to the TimetableSettings.Contacts collection.

Regards,
Stoyan

IP Logged

dhandler
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Thanks for the quick response.  I'll start looking into it.  I believe at first glance that Grouping will accomplish the same thing as what i'm looking for. 

May i boldly offer the New Feature request (will add it to the other Topic area) to support Grouping within your other viewstyles.  This is especially important in the Weekly and Monthly views.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Sure, thanks for the suggestion. The developers are just releasing a new version right now (1.1) ; we'll add grouping for the other views in the next release - version 1.2.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Doug

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
WRT to Grouping, on all of the views, each contact should have a separate color representing their schedule.  This should also be user defineable.  If you need more details let me know.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Do you mean the cells inside a contact's column should be in a different color, or the event/item boxes related to that contact ? I guess the items colors can be set explicitly by the application when adding contact items.

IP Logged

Doug

Reply #6 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Take a look at Infragistics.  I've been using their winschedule product for about 4 years, and i'm always out there looking for a "better" product.  Additionally, what makes their product offering powerful is that they also have a web version (though lacks right now ability to do Recurrence on the web). Cry

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Ok thanks. We have a web version under development too, but it won't be released any time soon.

IP Logged

Doug

Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
I'm in high need of a web version that supports grouping, recurrence, etc.  I would love to provide input / testing. 

Perhaps we can take this off topic here and converse via email.  Please send me a private message.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint