Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ASP.NET Question (Read 2141 times)
mark360
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ASP.NET Question
May 18th, 2006 at 11:51am
Print Post  
I've just started evaluation this software, and so far it seems great. 

What I would like to know is it possible using this software to build an ASP.NET web application which is delivered over the internet, which just shows a organisational chart built from data from a database.  No special user interaction just to display it.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: ASP.NET Question
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2006 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Yes, you could use it to generate a static image and an html image map corresponding to the nodes and links in the diagram. Copy the ImageGen.aspx page from the WebApp sample, and use an HTML image object whose SRC is set to the ImageGen page. You might take a look at the WebApp sample project to see how the flowchart.net API can be used on the server side.

Stoyan

IP Logged

mark360
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2006 at 5:51am
Print Post  
That's great many thanks.

IP Logged

arun
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - May 9th, 2008 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Hi,

I have used the trial version of Flowchart.Net. I find it interesting. I would like to know whether it is possible to use the Flowchart.Net control in ASP.Net. I am interested in creating an organisation chart for my company with the one similar to positive bacterial chart with photos and user interaction to expand,collapse the node. I find it very difficult to do it in Flowchart.Net. Should I have to use NetDiagram instead. Is it possible to make the control as databindable, which will be very simple to use.

Regards
Arun

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - May 9th, 2008 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Hi,

You can use FlowChart.NET to generate images and image maps that correspond to your diagram elements. The WebApp sample project demonstrates this. You could handle the expand and collapse functions by setting the HtmlBuilder.ExpandButtonHyperlink property to you page and processing some query parameters.

NetDiagram makes this much easier, so you might give it a try too.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint