Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic VisibleStartTime and Resetting Views (Read 2694 times)
snapdragon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

VisibleStartTime and Resetting Views
Jul 26th, 2006 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Hi,

Does anyone know how to set the VisibleStartTime property? I have tried setting it both in the property of the control and in code, neither gave me the result that I wanted.

I set the MiddleTimelineSettings unit to 1 day, and the BottomTimelineSettings to 6 hours. The start time shown on the control is 00:00 and I want to set it to 09:00.

Second question, I am using the ResourceTable view  for printing purposes, however, after I changed the control to ResourceTable, if I changed the view back to default, i.e. themed resource view, I could not get the themed view back on. Is there an easy way to do this without replicating the original settings one by one?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: VisibleStartTime and Resetting Views
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2006 at 5:40am
Print Post  
Filtering of times in the resource view (i.e. VisibleStartTime and VisibleEndTime) only works when the Unit is set to Minute or when the Unit is set to Hour and the UnitCount is set to 1. I just checked the documentation and it seems we have forgotten to mention that.

As for the second question, I cannot understand what exactly is the problem. Can you describe in more details what you do and what you want to achieve? Thank you.

Meppy

IP Logged

snapdragon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2006 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Hi Meppy,

Thanks for the reply.
That's a bit unfortunate, since we are using it to do a summary of activities and the unit is set to hour, unit count = 6. Is this going to be more flexible in the future?

About the second question, we added the capability to switch between views into our application.

When the application first started, we use the standard ResourceView view grouped by contact with the silver theme.

We use the resource table view particularly if we want to print the calendar. However, since the resource table is created using custom draw and some other manual override of properties, when we switched back to the themed ResourceView view, we are still getting the ResourceTable look, i.e. white background, black lines, etc, instead of the themed look.

We have accomplished this in the past by noting all the variables that were overridden when creating the resource table, then put the original values back to get the themed look. Is there an easier way than doing this?

I hope this is a clearer explanation.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2006 at 5:53am
Print Post  
As of yet, we do not have plans to extend the current time filtering functionality, but we will have this issue in mind for future releases.

As for the second question, here is how theming works in Planner.NET:

Each theme represents a collection of properties, corresponding to various properties in the Calendar control. When a property in the control has its value set to an empty value (i.e. null for reference types, Unspecified for enums, etc.), then the corresponding value from the current theme is used instead. Once the property value of the control is changed, the correpsonding value from the current theme is no longer used. You can reset a property to use the value from the theme again by assigning it an empty value.

When you change certain property values and switch back to another theme, the control still uses the changed values of the properties and not the corresponding values from the underlying theme. To fix this, you need to manually reset all changed properties to an empty values, which requires substantial efforts, especially if you have changed many properties. There is also alternative method for doing this. When applying a theme to the control, you can specify that all properties should be reset. The following code illustrates how to do this:

Code
Select All
calendar.ApplyTheme(Theme.Silver, true); 

I hope this was a clear explanation.

Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint