Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cannot straightaway use post-XSLT XML (Read 4071 times)
rchee
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Cannot straightaway use post-XSLT XML
Dec 26th, 2006 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Hi there,

Your product is excellent: easy to use, can apply xsl transformation, and tries to read anything that is xml-based.

I used XML viewer 3.0 to apply a XSL-transformation to a XML file and saved the output as .xml. When I then open it with XML reader, XML reader generates an error message: "an invalid character was found in text content" and did not let me view the file.

I tried again, this time I saved the output as .txt. When I then open it with XML reader, I got the same error message.

I opened the .txt file with notepad and saved it as a .xml file, taking care to choose "save as.." and "save as type:"="All files". When I used XML reader to open it, it worked perfectly.

The problem seems to be that XML viewer saves file in a different way, so different that itself cannot read the .xml file it made. This can be overcome by using notepad to save the xml-reader-generated file as .xml. The incovenience is in having to save the file as .txt so notepad can open it first.

I wish you luck in finding a way of fixing this problem.

Thank you for a very good effort.

rchee

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Cannot straightaway use post-XSLT XML
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2007 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Can you send me the xml and xslt files you are using so that I can test what might be wrong? You can send those files as an e-mail attachment to support@mindfusion.org.

Thank you,
Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint