Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Line Routing (Read 5155 times)
koosala

Java Happens

Line Routing
Jun 14th, 2007 at 12:33am
Print Post  
Hi,

There is an in-built line routing in your NetDiagram application. I was wondering if there is a feature to restrict the routing of the line to within a particular rectangle.

For example, when we have an arrow connecting two boxes, would it be possible to stop the line from crossing  a specified rectangle, so that the line doesn't go all over the flowchart.

Thanks,
Praveen

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Line Routing
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Hi,

There isn't such a feature, but you could use some temporary boxes to enclose the area around an arrow before routing it. The lines shouldn't go that far away from the boxes anyway; if you have found a situation in which they do, please email me a saved diagram file and your RoutingOptions values.

Stoyan

IP Logged

koosala

Java Happens

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2007 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I was interested in a feature of a box containing many other boxes. In this scenario, (for some particular reason) I would want the lines between the contained boxes to stay within the container box. So it isn't sufficient that the lines not go too far from the connected boxes, I would also not want them to cross the boundary of the container.

But on keeping a temporary boxes, to make the temporary box have any effect, I am guessing the temporary box (or the container) to be a blocking box. In this case, as I have pointed out in the earlier post with subject 'Line Routing', the line routing seems to get screwed up.

If you cannot provide this out of the box, I would like to know if it would be a very painful for me to extend your logic to include this requirement once I purchase the source code.

Praveen

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2007 at 5:02am
Print Post  
Hi,

That should be easy to implement, and we can do that for you. If you have the source code and want to give it a try anyway, you must modify the RoutingGrid.markObstacles method, and mark the container borders as obstacles - then the arrow won't leave the container when routed.

Stoyan

IP Logged

koosala

Java Happens

Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2007 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Hi,

It will be great if you can provide it out of the box. I would rather leave your source code in your hands, so I wouldn't have to bother about any merges as new versions of your software is released.

Thanks,
Praveen

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2007 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Sure, we can implement that. We just have to finish with several releases we are working on right now, and will get to this.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2007 at 10:06am
Print Post  
This version lets you route arrows inside container boxes:

http://www.mindfusion.org/_temp/JDiagram.jar

If both ends of an arrow are inside a container box, it should be routed without leaving the container. The container must be marked as an obstacle.

Let me know whether this works fine for you, and we will releaser the 1.0.1 version if it's ok.

Stoyan

IP Logged

koosala

Java Happens

Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2007 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Thanks Stoyan,

I'll take a look at it

Praveen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1