Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Scaling Question and Buttons Question (Read 3977 times)
Pallis
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Scaling Question and Buttons Question
Sep 18th, 2007 at 7:15am
Print Post  
Hello Meppy,

I have 2 questions about PocketPlanner (TimeLine view)

1. Is there any way to autoscale the control to have the same appearance in devices with 640X480 screen as it has in devices with 320X240 screens ? Because in 640X480, the cells are very thin and the whole appearance looks shrinked. I am asking if there is a way to provide automatic resize without entering one by one the cells sizing, the timeline sizes e.t.c. and

2. I enabled control's navigation buttons but when i press them i would like to have a click event for these buttons. I can't find it. Can you tell me where are these events?

Thank you Meppy and as eval goes on you will bear me for a little more  Smiley

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Scaling Question and Buttons Question
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Hi,

Unfortunately the answer to both of your questions is negative.

1) There is no way to automatically scale the contents of the control to fit the target display resolution. As you have guessed, settings the individual Size properties could resolve this issue. I think there are only several Size properties that need to be set.

2) As for the navigation buttons, they are not publicly exposed by the control. A not so elegant solution would be to traverse the Controls property of PocketPlanner and search for a button with the appropriate text, then attach an event handler to the Click event of the found button. The following code illustrates this:

Code
Select All
foreach (Control c in calendar.Controls)
{
	if (c is Button)
	{
		if ((c as Button).Text == "<")
			c.Click += new EventHandler(c_Click);
	}
} 

However, even if you handle the Click event, the PocketPlanner default navigation functionality will still be executed when the button is clicked, prior to your own event handler is invoked.

And feel free to post any other questions and comments about PocketPlanner. Smiley

Meppy

IP Logged

Pallis
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Scaling Question and Buttons Question
Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2007 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Thank you very much Meppy !!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint