Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Some General Queries (Read 4753 times)
anurodhora

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Some General Queries
Jan 30th, 2009 at 6:19am
Print Post  
Hi,

I would like to know if following is possible with WpfDiagram and if yes how to implement :

1) Undo/Redo functionality.
2) Capturing Copy/Paste event.
3) Providing a list/collection (observable collection) as itemsource to the WpfDiagram. How to bind to collection of objects.
4) Get a Compact View that is where the links will be either Horizontal or vertical and the elements will be arranged in such a fashion that they occupy minimum diagram space.
5) A pan button in the toolbar clicking that will take the diagram in panning mode changing the cursor to Hand cursor and allow user to pan with the use of mouse movement (without the use of ctrl key)
6) Is there a concept of current item. For ex. when user selects more than one node then we would like to know in this case which is the current item now so that we can arrange all others in respect to that current item.
7) Can we have HandlesStyle a combination of types i.e. HatchHandles2 + EasyMove.
8 ) Is your model thread safe in case of databinding
9) Do we have support for export to image and can we specify Height, Width, Scale, Quality, Interpolation etc. of the exported image.
10) How can we give minimum Zoom-Out value.
11) Are there any animation classes available to perform animation.
12) Can we have objects on the diagram that do not zoom-in/out with diagram
13) Do we have inbuilt support for zoom on mouse scroll
14) We do not want two links to cross each other and if they happened to be then is there support for bridge links (bridge at intersection point of links) any helper class for this provided and can we customize the bridge appearance.
15) How many types of links and node shapes are supported.
16) Is there support for copy/cut/paste only the nodes of a given diagram not the link.
17) Do we have inbuilt Fit To Content/Fit to Sreen property.
18 ) How to implement an overview window - i.e. we will have two screens first a main screen that will show our diagram with some nodes/links and second an overview window which is a small window and shows the main screen diagram with Fit to content property that is with no scroll bar and that has a rectangular area (that can be moved with mouse over the diagram in this window) moving that rectanglar section will reflect only that part of diagram in main screen diagram.
19) We are using client/server architecture so we will be saving the node/link position/connections and other properties at server side database and then we will be restoring them afterwards. So could you please suggest what would be the best approach regarding the save/load functionality.

Hope to get your reply soon. Can we get a little sample for some of the straight forward features.

Thanks in advance,
Anurodh
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2009 at 10:44am by anurodhora »  

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Some General Queries
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 11:08am
Print Post  
1. Set Diagram.UndoManager.UndoEnabled = true.
2. Handle the NodePasted and LinkPasted events.
3. Databinding is not supported yet. At this time you associate your objects to DiagramItems using the Tag property.
4. Check the binary tree layout from v2.1.1 beta. If your graph is not a binary tree, you could call Arrange on a part of the graph that is, and call link.Route for the links that aren't part of it.
5. At this time you could assign it a a function to the middle or right buttons via ModifierKeyActions.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 11:13am
Print Post  
6. Yes, that's Diagram.ActiveItem
7. No, but you can set them to Custom and handle the Draw/HitTestHandles events.
9. Diagram.CreateImage(), and you save the image with whatever settings you'd like.
10. Just don't set ZoomFactor to values smaller than your minimum.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 11:20am
Print Post  
11) You could use Color and RectAnimations with some of the items properties.
12) No. You can place such objects out of the diagram, or otherwise adapt their RenderTransform to the current ZoomFactor.
13) Handle the MouseWheel event and change ZoomFactor from there.
14) Set LinkCrossings = Arcs.
15) There are near ninety predefined shapes and you can create you own.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 11:28am
Print Post  
16. You will have to (temporarily) remove the links from the selection before calling CopyToClipboard.
17. There are the ResizeToFitItems, ZoomToRect and ZoomToFit methods
18. There's the Overview control...
19. To update the database after modifications done by the user, handle NodeModified and LinkModified, and use Bounds and ControlPoints to get the new items coordinates.

Quote:
Can we get a little sample for some of the straight forward features.

That doesn't look like a little sample. We could create a small prototype application for you, for a price:
http://www.mindfusion.eu/services.html

Stoyan

IP Logged

anurodhora

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Thank you very much.

Please provide implementation tips for following:

1) In the overview window we would like to customize it so that we would have a slider control that will be used to increase/decrease size of the rectangle selection pane.

2) Moving nodes/links with the help of arrow keys. In case of links, moving links should also move the connected nodes.

3) We do not want link to start/end in the nodes i.e. they should end at only node boundaries.

4) We do not want our nodes to resize.

5) Is there a concept of group node and giving title to the group node.

6) How to associate custom data with nodes.

Thanks in advance.
Anurodh
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2009 at 3:00pm by anurodhora »  

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
1) Perhaps you could add both the overview and slider to a canvas, and set Diagram.ZoomFactor in response to the slider change.

2) Use the forum's Search function to find the MoveSelection method. Call it in response to keyboard events.

3) link.SnapToNodeBorder = true.

4) node.EnableHandles = Move.

5) You could create groups using the node.AttachTo method.

6) Use the Tag property.

Stoyan

IP Logged

anurodhora

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply.

for 1) i want to increase/decrease size of the rectangular section (using slider control) of overview window which will then i think take care of diagram zooming. How to change rectangular section size with slider movement.

Thanks,
Anurodh

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #8 - Feb 1st, 2009 at 10:58am
Print Post  
If you mean the view tracking rectangle size, its size depends on the ZoomFactor and the size of the currently visible region of the diagram. The Overview calculates the rectangle size automatically, and you can influence it only by setting ZoomFactor.

Stoyan

IP Logged

anurodhora

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 4:52am
Print Post  
Thanks for the reply.

Could you please tell me for following:

When can we get the databinding version? (Proposed date)

Is UI VIRTUALIZATION implemented?

Thanks,
Anurodh

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #10 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Databinding should be available in about two months if we don't meet any considerable difficulties. UI virtualization is not implemented.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint