Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cell Width in Resource View (Read 2949 times)
GL@Olympus
YaBB Newbies

Too much work, too little
time, no doughnuts

Cell Width in Resource View
Jun 18th, 2011 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Dear all, We are just starting to evaluate Planner .NET as a replacement to a home-grown calendar in our Training Database application.

In order to make it replicate functionality that our users are already used to, I need to find out how I can determine the width of a 'day' cell in ResourceView, so I can programmatically offer the user the choice of seeing a day, week or month across the window.

I have looked everywhere in the function reference in the hjelpfile and even tried to do math based on the number of days currently in view and TimelineScale, but nothing is working... any ideas?

Thanks.

Graham
Olympus Service.

If a man states a fact in the woods when there are no women present, is he still wrong?

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Cell Width in Resource View
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2011 at 6:42am
Print Post  
Hi,

Cell sizes in resource view are calculated so that their text, displayed in the current format and culture, could fit. There is no direct access to the size of the cell, but it can be manually estimated. The following example demonstrates how:

https://mindfusion.eu/_samples/_sample_ResourceViewCellSize.zip

When you resize the control in the example it will set the appropriate scale so that 30 days are visible in the view at any given time.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

GL@Olympus
YaBB Newbies

Too much work, too little
time, no doughnuts

Re: Cell Width in Resource View
Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Meppy,

Thanks for a comprehensive sample. I have tried this and found that with a few tweaks and converting to VB .Net, it does the job just fine.

I have two other questions to post, but I will do each as a separate thread to keep the forum clean.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Graham

If a man states a fact in the woods when there are no women present, is he still wrong?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint