Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Custom Drawing of Cells (Read 2591 times)
jameswaterworth
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Custom Drawing of Cells
Jun 23rd, 2011 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Hi,

We have been using WinForms Planner.Net (Resource View) for 3 years and have been thoroughly pleased the component's flexibility and customisability.

We now plan to evaluate the Mindfusion.Scheduling Siverlight component. 
I am pleased so far with the online demo but it's not clear to me whether the Silverlight component supports the ability to custom draw the calendar cells.

We need this because (in WinForms Planner.Net) we currently custom draw specific shapes in the cells which provide the user domain specific information.  We also colour code (often with multiple stacked colours) the cells which conveys additional meaning for the user.

Do you know if we'll be able to achieve this (or something like it) with your silverlight component?

Many thanks!

James

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Custom Drawing of Cells
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Hi,

You can customize the appearance of the cells in the resource view through the use of custom control templates. Here is a sample illustrating how this can be done:

https://mindfusion.eu/_samples/_sample_CustomResourceCells.zip

The sample above changes the border of all cells in a resource view to be dotted. Cell customization can be additionally extended by implementing a custom CellPresenter class. If you need more help on this matter, let me know.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint