Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ResourceView: Grouping by Custom Resources (Read 4062 times)
Achim

MindFusion rocks!

ResourceView: Grouping by Custom Resources
Jun 28th, 2012 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Hi there,

I am trying to visualize a data model consisting of two resource types (classes directly derived from Resource). Is it possible to group the ResourceView by these custom types? To explain it with code, i'd like to have something like this:

Code (C++)
Select All
this.calendar1.GroupType = typeof(MyResourceTypeA);
this.calendar1.SecondaryGroupType = typeof(MyResourceTypeB);

In my case the resources are production machines. Machines of TypeA are the consumers of intermediate products made by Machines of TypeB. And I want to display all production orders in the context of the producer/consumer view.

Many thanks for any help
Achim

Bildschirmfoto_2012-06-28_um_15_21_54.png (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: ResourceView: Grouping by Custom Resources
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Unfortunately this is not currently possible. You can group by custom resources in only one of the tiers (primary or secondary) by adding the custom resources to Calendar.Resources collection and setting the corresponding property (GroupType or SecondaryGroupType) to GroupByResource. The other group type is then restricted to Contacts, Locations or Tasks.

You can however derive one of the machine types from Resource and the other from Contact, Location, Task. Although this solution is not logically correct or elegant, it will work.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Achim

MindFusion rocks!

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Hi Meppy,

deriving the machine types from Resource and Location was my first thought on this issue. And you're right, I don't think this is very elegant Smiley

However i'll go on with this solution. May I ask you if there are any plans to improve the grouping feature? This is in my opinion the only missing thing in the ResourceView of Planner.NET.

Kind regards
Achim

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 6:10am
Print Post  
We will see if we can come up with an easy and more elegant solution for this.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Hi again,

I have made some modifications to the control to allow grouping by the runtime type of resources. To enable the new functionality, add the resources to group by to the Calendar.Resources collection and set Calendar.GroupType (and Calendar.SecondaryGroupType) to GroupByResource . In addition set the new Calendar.CustomGroupType (and Calendar.CustomSecondaryGroupType) to the runtime type of the resources to group by.

A sample illustrating the new feature (along with the updated assemblies) can be downloaded from here. Please, let me know if you find any issues with this new version.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Achim

MindFusion rocks!

Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Hi Meppy,

thank you very much for the sample and the changed component. It looks pretty good so far Smiley It's exactly the way I wantet to work with the component. I'll have an eye on this and tell you if any issues occur.

Once again: thanks a lot for the great support!

Achim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint