Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ContainerChildAdded container zindex issue (Read 1798 times)
j poz

I Love MindFusion!

ContainerChildAdded container zindex issue
Mar 12th, 2013 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
In situations involving a shapenode moved into a nested container, the ContainerChildAdded event often seems to return a ZIndex of -1 for ContainerChildEventArgs.Container.ZIndex. This means I can't always rely on this method to perform certain zindex corrections I had been hoping to make. Any idea why this would be happening?

IP Logged

j poz

I Love MindFusion!

Re: ContainerChildAdded container zindex issue
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2013 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Related strange behavior...

I have a container within a container. The outer container has a zindex of 0, and the inner container has a zindex of 1. When I drag a shapenode inside the inner container, the zindex of the inner container changes to 0.

Are there known issues with containers in containers and the zindex property?

IP Logged

j poz

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2013 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
In the previous post, I should say that the args.Container.ZIndex inside of ContainerChildAdded is 0. However, if I am inside of the node modified event and iterate through the nodes, I can find that same container with a ZIndex of 1 as it should be.

It seems like an issue with ContainerChildAdded.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Hi,

What kind of Z order corrections do you need to implement? The control changes ZIndex of a container automatically when you drop a node inside it, to ensure the container is drawn behind the child. That happens when child.ZIndex <=container.ZIndex; in that case container.ZIndex is automatically set to child.ZIndex - 1. Since version 6 of the control, ZIndex values no longer correspond to indices within diagram.Items, and ZIndex can have a negative value too.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint