Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Scratchlike WPF modeler with MindFusion? (Read 1617 times)
Waterfiets

I Love MindFusion!

Scratchlike WPF modeler with MindFusion?
Sep 27th, 2013 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Hi there,

At the moment i'm working on a project using .NET WPF to make a modeler with a Scratch-like concept.

The Scratch Like Concept

nebomusic.net/scratchlesson1/scratch1step13.jpg

Basically you can click and drag objects on to the scripts page, which influences the behaviour of the dog in the screen. The objects that have been dragged into the scripts page can be manipulated as well - to further finetune the behaviour.

The Idea

The idea is to use the above concept in a different context. We want to be able to drag and drop objects/components that fit into each other, sorta like a  lego concept. And we wanted to use the MindFusion Component as a basis to get this done.

So, could anyone give me any insight if this is possible with a component like MindFusion?

Thanks in advance Grin.

Greets,

Sander

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Scratchlike WPF modeler with MindFusion?
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2013 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Hi,

You could add your prototype components to a NodeListView control, set Diagram.AllowDrop, and users will be able to create new components on the diagram canvas via drag and drop.

There is no built-in support for aligning nodes by fitting their shapes. However it should be easy to integrate your fit logic into an override of the diagram.AlignPointToGrid method; it is called at each mouse movement and objects automatically snap to the returned point.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Waterfiets

I Love MindFusion!

Re: Scratchlike WPF modeler with MindFusion?
Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2013 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Hi,

Thanks Stoyan, for the quick reply Smiley

We're gonna try it out in the trialversion for now, if we have any questions we'll let you know.

Greets,

Sander

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint