Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Custom Grouping (Read 3623 times)
TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Custom Grouping
Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Meppy, I would like to perform custom grouping the same as the example in the samples. I would like to group first by resource then by contacts but only by those that have a reference to that resource. I have tried using the method in the example but cannot seem to get it to work. The Calender schedule is bound to an access database.

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Custom Grouping
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2015 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Hi,

The CustomGrouping example illustrates how to perform selective custom grouping. First, you define the resources and add them to the respective calendar collections. Then, you specify the primary and secondary resources through the Calendar.GroupType and Calendar.SecondaryGroupType properties. In case the primary and secondary resources reside in the same calendar collection (as is the case in the example), you need to use the Calendar.CustomGroupType and Calendar.CustomSecondaryGroupType properties to specify the resources by their runtime type. Finally, in order to perform selective grouping, you need to handle the Calendar.CustomizeGrouping event. This event is raised once for each primary resource in order to determine which are its associated secondary resources. In your case, you should handle this event and add to the CustomizeGroupingEventArgs.GroupByResources collection only the contacts that have a reference to the respective resource.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Re: Custom Grouping
Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Thanks Meppy, this worked as expected.

Regards,
TRB