- Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
MindFusion  
  We have released initial version of MindFusion.Scheduling library for HTML5 & JavaScript.  
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister   

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print  
What is the file name format for layouts in the LayoutsFolder
Read 23 times

ToddK   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love MindFusion!

What is the file name format for layouts in the LayoutsFolder
May 15th, 2019 at 8:42pm

I saw elsewhere that  "the control will try to load a layout file with culture's locale id in its name from LayoutsFolder".
Can I get more specifics on the layout filename?
is it just en-us.xml
Or can you have somename_en-us.xml?

Oh, when the keyboard is in custom mode, does changing inputLocale still change the OS input culture?

I saw in the Layouts sample code, the custom layout was an embedded resource. Can we use embedded key images, and if so, how?

IP Logged    

Slavcho   Offline
YaBB Moderator
tech.support

Re: What is the file name format for layouts in the LayoutsFolder
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2019 at 12:16pm

The name should contain Windows' LCID for that locale. You will get it added automatically to the file name by Keyboard Creator tool when you save a custom layout (LCID for the locale selected in property pane on the right).

InputLocale is something the keyboard sets automatically in response to system's language change. If you want to set the input language of a process that embeds the keyboard, set InputLanguageManager.Current.CurrentInputLanguage. If you use the keyboard in standalone mode and need to set language of external applications, you should be able to by sending WM_INPUTLANGCHANGEREQUEST Windows message to the application's main window like PostMessage(hWnd, WM_INPUTLANGCHANGEREQUEST, INPUTLANGCHANGE_FORWARD, MYLOCALE);

The image names stored with layouts can only be loaded from external files. Maybe you could use embedded images by mapping key codes to embedded image resources through key's data templates and some binding converters.

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged    

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send Topic Print