Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Getting Rid of Trial Version (Read 2214 times)
bizintel_dan
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Getting Rid of Trial Version
Nov 18th, 2020 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Hey There,
First we tried setting the LicenseKey Property for our two controls DiagramView and WorkBookView. But still the trial version mark was still there.
Next we added the Mindfusion.License.dll to our program. Still the trial version was still there.
We have not tried using MindFusion.Licensing.LicenseManager.AddLicense(key) yet. But on the documentation it says we can use either this or setting the control property so it should not matter.
https://www.mindfusion.eu/onlinehelp/winformspack/index.htm ; (licensing page)
What are we doing wrong?

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Re: Getting Rid of Trial Version
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 7:10am
Print Post  
Hi,

Maybe setting incorrect key string - e.g. in case you've copied the key from an email, we noticed some email clients get confused by base64 code and repeat parts of it. Send me the key you use as PM and I will verify, or try copying key value from your account page at our customer portal.

In case you've recently purchased an upgrade, make sure you use new key from your upgrade order notification email; old key might not work with new assemblies depending on purchase-date and release-date encoded in keys / assemblies (accepted difference is 12 months).

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

bizintel_dan
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. We reinstalled mindfusion with the assemblies included in the email with the license code. I did pm you the licensce in the email which did appear to be either repeating or have some some characters in there that were off.

Regards,
Dan

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Hi Dan,

See PMs. Anyway if you use more than one controls, it's really better to call the LicenseManager method at startup - you deal with the key only once and there's no hassle with setting LicenseKey again when adding other controls from the pack.

Regards,
Slavcho

IP Logged

bizintel_dan
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2020 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Hey Slavcho,

Thanks so much for the help. We only copied the first part of the license key. Yes I am using the license manager calls in code now, much simpler this way.

Best Regards,
Dan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint