Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Trouble getting old program license to take (Read 1399 times)
DennisV
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Trouble getting old program license to take
Dec 6th, 2020 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
I'm resurrecting a chart program from 2013. It has a license file licenses.licx but I cannot get it to compile in Visual Studio 2019. Here is the error:

Severity      Code      Description      Project      File      Line      Suppression State
Error            Exception occurred creating type 'MindFusion.Diagramming.WinForms.DiagramView, MindFusion.Diagramming.WinForms, Version=6.1.0.17738, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=(I deleted this just in case)' System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: Couldn't get design-time license for ''MindFusion.Diagramming.WinForms.DiagramView''      proFlowCharter      C:\Users\Dennis\Documents\Visual Studio 2019\Projects2010\proFlowCharter\Properties\licenses.licx      1      

What do I do to get this running again please?

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Re: Trouble getting old program license to take
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2020 at 8:17am
Print Post  
You will need to run installer for the version you used at that time to get some design-time license info in the registry. If you are also moving to current version of the diagram, we no longer use the VS' licx licensing, so you can delete the diagram line from licenses.licx. Instead you assign a license key string to DiagramView.LicenseKey property.

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint