Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Moving the mouse while the tooltip is active, the cell background is erased. (Read 1850 times)
Michael Hopkins
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Moving the mouse while the tooltip is active, the cell background is erased.
Apr 18th, 2022 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
We are having a problem where while the tool tip is showing, if you move the mouse around the cell background disappears. It looks like the tooltip is painting the calendar a different color.

Has anyone ran into this and is there a fix?

This is happening on windows and osx.

IP Logged

Slavcho
God Member

tech.support

Re: Moving the mouse while the tooltip is active, the cell background is erased.
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I could not reproduce this, calling calendar.setShowToolTips(true) in MinApp example. Please let me know what I should change there to see that, or attach a test project of yours reproducing it.

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

Michael Hopkins
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Re: Moving the mouse while the tooltip is active, the cell background is erased.
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2022 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Interestingly, it had to do with setting up our custom themes.

We were setting a background color to the month view like so.

Code
Select All
monthSettings.getStyle.setBrush(new SolidBrush(color)) 

Where color is a java.awt.Color but we did not set the alpha value by default.

So what we did to change it was we created recreated our color and include the alpha value.

Code
Select All
Color color = getOurCustomColor();//our custom color was created without the alpha being set.
SolidBrush brush = new SolidBrush(new Color(color.red, color.green, color.blue, 255)));
monthSettings.getStyle.setBrush(brush);

This code was in our custom theme class. If I have time later today I will try and create a simple example using one of the samples so that it can be reproduced.

IP Logged

Slavcho
God Member

tech.support

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2022 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Indeed, with semitransparent background it shows same problem during other repaint operations, e.g. if you resize the window. It seems the control expects background color to be solid and directly fills invalidated regions with it, relying next drawing operations to continue from clear state. Instead, when color is semitransparent it blends with old contents from previous drawing there. Were you actually trying to show other content / graphics behind a translucent calendar?

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

Michael Hopkins
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2022 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
We are drawing shapes to the cells of the month and timetable views. Yes, the shapes are translucent.

I tried to reproduce the problem with a simple application but I could not reproduce it and this is probably the reason. In the simple APP, I did not draw anything to any of the cells.

IP Logged

Slavcho
God Member

tech.support

Reply #5 - Apr 25th, 2022 at 5:45am
Print Post  
Translucent items set via ItemSettings.getStyle().setBrush should be fine. However assigning transparent brush to view's own Style in CellSettings apparently leads to not clearing background as expected.

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint