Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Plotting Multiple variables using Line Chart (Read 7098 times)
JCRonSaratoga
YaBB Newbies

Go Cubs Go!

Plotting Multiple variables using Line Chart
Apr 25th, 2008 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Hi

I am working to update an old UNIX application to a VB.Net 2008 application.   I would like to plot multiple variables on a line chart.  The variables will have different Y-axis values.  Does the MasterChart component allow me to display different Y-axis values?   Here is what the old application did:

Plot up to 10 different variables. Each variable has it's own pen color.  The values on the Y-axis are stacked for each variable.  Both the left & right Y-axis are used to show the values for the variables.  The pen color used to plot a variable is the pen color used to display the Y-axis text.  Then on the Y-axis, label values for each variable is displayed.  That is, the maximum value would have up to 5 values for each variable stacked one on top of another.  Likewise the minimum & in between values would have stacks of values, each color coded.  I have a picture I can send to you, if that will help.

Thanks
Jim

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Plotting Multiple variables using Line Chart
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Yes please - email the picture to support@mindfusion.eu.

Thanks
Stoyan

IP Logged

JCRonSaratoga
YaBB Newbies

Go Cubs Go!

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Hi:
I just Emailed the picture to you.

Thanks
Jim

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Hi,

You can display series with up to 2 max values, by assigning the series from the first range to YData, and the ones from the second range to Y2Data. If you need to display additional lines representing data in a third range, you will need to scale the values yourself so they map to either the YData or Y2Data ranges. Additionally, you can set custom grid labels corresponding to your desired data ranges, even if the lines on the chart represent data in a different range. If scaling some of the series is not a problem for you, we can send you a sample that creates charts similar to that image.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

JCRonSaratoga
YaBB Newbies

Go Cubs Go!

Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Hi:
Thanks.  I can do scaling, as long as I can generate a graph like what I had sent you, that should work.

Yes, please send me a sample.

Thanks
Jim

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2008 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Hi,

This is the sample:
https://mindfusion.eu/_samples/GridSample.zip

We have added some new properties to let you use a different color for the grid labels than the one of the grid lines. There is no built-in support for displaying 4 labels for a line, so the sample adds some hidden grid lines for the additional labels.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint