Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic System.ArgumentException in LinkRouter.RouteLinks() (Read 7069 times)
j poz

I Love MindFusion!

System.ArgumentException in LinkRouter.RouteLinks()
Aug 12th, 2013 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
When calling TheFlowChart.LinkRouter.RouteLinks(linkCollection) I am sometimes seeing the following exception (with stack trace):

Quote:
System.ArgumentException: Unable to sort because the IComparer.Compare() method returns inconsistent results. Either a value does not compare equal to itself, or one value repeatedly compared to another value yields different results. IComparer: 'MindFusion.Diagramming.NeighborComparer'.
at System.Collections.Generic.IntrospectiveSortUtilities.ThrowOrIgnoreBadComparer(O
bject comparer)
at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(Int32 index, Int32 count, IComparer`1 comparer)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.QuickRouter.SplitPaths(List`1 paths, Boolean horizontal)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.QuickRouter.RouteLinks(DiagramLinkCollection links)
at CompanyGuiToolkit.Document.View.RouteContainerLinks(ContainerNode n, Boolean bFromArrowChange) in s:\Company\CompanyGuiToolkit\Document\View.cs:line 550
at CompanyGuiToolkit.Document.View.m_flowChart_NodeModifying(Object sender, NodeValidationEventArgs e) in s:\Company\CompanyGuiToolkit\Document\View.cs:line 4101
at MindFusion.Diagramming.Diagram.RaiseModifying(DiagramItem item, InteractionState ist, Boolean starting)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.DiagramNode.AllowModify(PointF current, InteractionState ist)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.InteractionState.ValidateAndSetCursor(PointF point, Diagram diagram)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.WinForms.Behaviors.BehaviorBase.OnMouseMove(Point mousePosition)
at MindFusion.Diagramming.WinForms.DiagramView.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: System.ArgumentException in LinkRouter.RouteLinks()
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2013 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
I think that was a breaking change in .NET 4.5, and our developers rewrote NeighborComparer for one of the recent Flowchart.NET releases. You could either build for older .NET versions, upgrade to latest version of the control, or I could send you our current NeighborComparer code if you have the source code.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

j poz

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2013 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
We are going to upgrade to the current beta, once it is out of beta, or a version after that. If the fix is in there we should be okay..

IP Logged

tr
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2015 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Could you send the code of the update NeighborComparer ? That would be very helpful.

Thanks

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Hi,

This offer was to customer on active maintenance, your company will need to renew support subscription if you expect support and patches. We implemented QuickRouter 6-7 years ago specifically for you guys (documented in this thread), but we can't really afford providing you with free support forever after Smiley

Stoyan

IP Logged

tr
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Makes sense Smiley due to internal miscommunication, I have trouble knowing what our agreement is or was...

Thanks,

Théo

IP Logged

tr
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #6 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Last questions:
- in which version has this been fixed ? We're using 5.6.1, but I've been told we had v5.6.3 somewhere.
- If that's not enough, are you willing to give us any hint to fix it ourselves ? Sadly, I think I won't be able to convince people to spend money...we're too busy giving it to "this big company holding the 3d modeling/animation monopoly" -_-

Thanks

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
I think it was fixed in v6.0.4. Support and upgrades for one developer would cost you something like $250 for an year. But ok, if you are in such bad situation we will give you latest comparer code as one-time service, you can find it on private messages page.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint