Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic MF Canvas becomes blank in case of LAN (Read 5876 times)
shrinivas

I Love MindFusion!

MF Canvas becomes blank in case of LAN
Oct 30th, 2014 at 6:43am
Print Post  
Hello,

I am generating MindFusion XML and loading on canvas It displays proper on locally but in case of LAN its not loading XML and canvas becomes blank.

Can you tell me reason behind this?.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: MF Canvas becomes blank in case of LAN
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Hi,

What ClientSideMode are you using? Check if respective script or applet files are properly deployed, JDiagram.jar for JavaApplet mode and diagramming.js file for Canvas mode. For Canvas mode also check if browsers in your LAN support HTML5 (i.e. at least version 9 if using IE, and version 10 if also using SVG nodes).

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

shrinivas

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 8:15am
Print Post  
client side mode is Canvas and all files are properly deployed and IE version is 11 and which supports HTML5.

Do you need any other details?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Check if there are any errors shown in the JavaScript console, and also try running with DiagramView.CanvasVirtualScroll set to true.

IP Logged

shrinivas

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #4 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 5:47am
Print Post  
I have generated VISIO for one program but which is not proper, i.e all links are overlapped as well as most of links are intersecting nodes. can you tell me reason behind this?

I have attached VISIO file as well as XML file from which I am generating VISIO.

If you need any other details please let me .

VISIO_Details.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 10:32am
Print Post  
DecisionLayout is designed to work with up to 4 links per node, you have 30-40 links for several nodes and some links are ignored. You have many links connecting to the end node, so one thing you could do is divide it into several end nodes, e.g. each having at most 7-8 incoming links.

Otherwise you could find the unprocessed diagonal links by checking for SegmentCount == 1 and different X/Y coordinates for StartPoint and EndPoint, and then call their Route() method to make sure they go around nodes.

Processed links overlap nodes when there's no enough space to fit all links at a LinkPadding distance between the nodes. You could either set larger HorizontalPadding and VerticalPadding to pull the nodes further apart, or set smaller LinkPadding to fit more links into that space.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

shrinivas

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #6 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
DecisionLayout is designed to work with up to 4 links per node, you have 30-40 links for several nodes and some links are ignored. You have many links connecting to the end node, so one thing you could do is divide it into several end nodes, e.g. each having at most 7-8 incoming links.

This is no possible.

Quote:
Otherwise you could find the unprocessed diagonal links by checking for SegmentCount == 1 and different X/Y coordinates for StartPoint and EndPoint, and then call their Route() method to make sure they go around nodes.

I am not generating this VISIO totally programatically, so please check first XML and then tell me  is it possible from XML and If not then I am going to post my code so please suggest changes in my code.
public bool GenerateVisioFile(string sXMLFilePath,string sDatabaseName="")
        {
            string sVDXFilePath = "";
            Diagram dc = new Diagram();
            var visioDoc = new XmlDocument();
            VisioExporter vex = new VisioExporter();
            var diagDoc = new XmlDocument();
            clsDataBase objDataBase = new clsDataBase();
            try
            {

objDataBase.ReadSettingsXML(Application.StartupPath + "\\Settings.xml");
                if (ClsGlobal.gsDBName.ToUpper() == "TECHDB" && sDatabaseName.ToUpper() == "")
                { ClsErrorLog.ErrorLog("Started Processing files for VISIO", "", 2); }
                else
                {
                    ClsGlobal.gsDBName = sDatabaseName;
                    objDataBase.InsertIntoSearch_Service_ErrorLog(System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCu
rrentMethod().Name, "Message--Started Processing files for VISIO", DateTime.Now.ToString("dd-MMM-yyyy hh:mm:ss tt"));
                }

sVDXFilePath = System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(sXMLFilePath) + "\\" + System.IO.Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(sXMLFilePath) + ".VDX";
                dc.LoadFromXml(sXMLFilePath);
                dc.SaveToXml(sXMLFilePath);
                MindFusion.Diagramming.Layout.DecisionLayout dl = new MindFusion.Diagramming.Layout.DecisionLayout();
                dl.Orientation = MindFusion.Diagramming.Layout.Orientation.Vertical;
                dl.HorizontalPadding = 10;
                dl.VerticalPadding = 10;
                dl.Arrange(dc);
                vex.ExportInvisibleItems = false;
                vex.ExportTablesAsGroups = true;
                vex.DynamicsOff = true;
                vex.Export(dc, sVDXFilePath);
                visioDoc.Load(sVDXFilePath);
                dc.SaveToXml(diagDoc);
                var diagElement = visioDoc.ImportNode(diagDoc.DocumentElement, true);
                visioDoc.DocumentElement.AppendChild(diagElement);
                visioDoc.Save(sVDXFilePath);
                visioDoc.Load(sVDXFilePath);

if (ClsGlobal.gsDBName.ToUpper() == "TECHDB" && sDatabaseName.ToUpper() == "")
                { ClsErrorLog.ErrorLog("End Processing files for VISIO", "", 2); }
                else
                { objDataBase.InsertIntoSearch_Service_ErrorLog(System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCu
rrentMethod().Name, "Message--End Processing files for VISIO", DateTime.Now.ToString("dd-MMM-yyyy hh:mm:ss tt")); }
                return true;
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                ClsErrorLog.ErrorLog(System.Reflection.MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod().Name, ex.Message);
                return false;
            }
            finally
            {
                diagDoc = null;
            }
        }

Quote:
Processed links overlap nodes when there's no enough space to fit all links at a LinkPadding distance between the nodes. You could either set larger HorizontalPadding and VerticalPadding to pull the nodes further apart, or set smaller LinkPadding to fit more links into that space.

I dont think It will solve my problem with changing HorizontalPadding and VerticalPadding Cz already I have given It as 10.

So please suggest some points,

Thanks

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #7 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
You could set vex.DynamicsOff = false, possibly setting links' Shape to Cascading:

Code
Select All
dl.Arrange(dc);

foreach (var link in dc.Links)
	link.Shape = LinkShape.Cascading;

var vex = new VisioExporter();
vex.DynamicsOff = false;

Then the links will be re-routed by Visio when it opens the file. They do not cross nodes in such case, but Visio does not try to pull them apart, so I think our version is more legible.

Alternatively, check the results of OrthogonalRouter applied after DecisionLayout. It will distribute all links in the available space between nodes, but still there are too many of them in some parts:

Code
Select All
dl.Arrange(dc);

new OrthogonalRouter().Arrange(dc);

var vex = new VisioExporter();
vex.DynamicsOff = true;

Quote:
I dont think It will solve my problem with changing HorizontalPadding and VerticalPadding Cz already I have given It as 10.

If you set them to 10 and LinkPadding stays set to 2, then you have place only for four links to pass between adjacent nodes without overlapping. Try increasing node spacing, decreasing link spacing, or both, and the link / node overlaps should disappear.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

shrinivas

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #8 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Hello,

I am have one XML having 125 nodes and 300 edges when I am trying to load on canvas Its taking near about 7 Mins. did you released any new version which takes minimum time to load this.

We had license version of Mindfusion diagramming if you need license details I will send you.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #9 - Dec 10th, 2014 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Please attach the XML file that takes 7 minutes to load or email it to support@mindfusion.eu.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint