Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Email sync to team member's Calendars. (Read 17152 times)
TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Email sync to team member's Calendars.
Dec 15th, 2014 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Hi,
In outlook I have access to each of my team member's calendars. I would like to know if there is a way to sync each of thier Mindfusion schedules with the correct outlook calendar. At the moment if I sync all appointment obviously end up in my calendar.

Thanks,
Tim.

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Email sync to team member's Calendars.
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2014 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Try handling the ItemImporting event of the OutookImporter class and confirm or cancel the import of a particular item based on whether it belongs to the appropriate Outlook calendar. We may need to provide additional information to this event in order to be able to determine the Outlook calendar affiliation of the imported item.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Hi, I know it has been a while on this one however I have tried so many times and just cant get this to happen for me. I cant figure it out. Is there anything else you can tell me that may help to achieve this? Ps: VB.Net is preferable as I struggle with C#.

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Can you give me more details about the difficulties you have? For example, is the ItemImporting event raised for you?

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2016 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Hi Meppy,
        Yea the event is raised for me however the issue I am having is I can't find any way to retrieve it export to and from the correct calendar only the default calendar. I will provide mor details of what I am trying to achieve.

My program monitors time and cost against projects (which I save as locations). When I drop a project into an employee's (contact's) schedule (in resource view) I need the same event to appear in the corispondong employees "outlook calendar" (or be sent as a meeting request at worst). If something is added to the employees calendar I need to be able to retrieve that to display in the employee's schedule. If the event is edited in my program an update needs to be sent to the employees calendar and if it is edited in the employees "outlook calendar" the event should be flagged (header colour change/icon).  Shocked

I have tried emailing the events (which works to create them but must be accepted to appear), syncing the calendars and handling the export and import events and I have played around with Dday.ical. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, but I was on a leave for a couple of days. After investigating your case I found an overload of the OutlookImporter.ImportItems method, which lets you specify a folder (i.e. the schedule) from which to import. The parameterless method imports items only from the default schedule.

Try calling this method with the name of the schedule to import from and see if it works.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Thanks again Meppy, I can use it to import however my primary goal is to add appointments that I create in a contacts Mind Fusion Calendar into their outlook calendar, update and delete these meetings as they are changed in the Mind Fusion calendar. I notice there are no overloads for the export event.

Ps: Hope you enjoyed your few days off!

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Hi again,

I've added a new ExportItems overload to the OutlookExporter class. The new overload accepts the name of the target calendar as an argument. Using this method you can export items to calendars other than the default. The updated assemblies can be downloaded from the link below:

https://mindfusion.eu/_temp/MindFusion.Scheduling.outlook.zip

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 5:04am
Print Post  
Thanks Meppy, this works however I can't seem to cancel the export for items that don't belong to the contact. I have added a handler to the item exporting event which fires but I still can't find a way to skip that item?

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 6:46am
Print Post  
Hi,

I successfully cancel the export of individual items by handling the OutlookExporter.ItemExporting event and setting the Confirm property of the event argument to false for those items. Can you show me the body of your event handler?

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Reply #10 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Thanks!!! That was the property I was looking for! Cheesy

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Reply #11 - Jun 14th, 2016 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
This works well thank you, however I have been having issues with the "GetFreePeriod(Date, Date, TimeSpan, Resource Collection) since using the new dlls. I haven't touched any code associated with this however it returns 0 almost every time where it was working perfect before.

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #12 - Jun 15th, 2016 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Can you provide me with a serialized schedule (xml) and concrete arguments where this method returns 0?

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Reply #13 - Jun 15th, 2016 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Hi Meppy, I have a completely empty schedule. The first appointment for the time period works for any given resource however as soon as I try to add another appointment for the same day but on a different resource it returns "12:00:00am" meaning there is no free period. I have confirmed the resource collection I am using only contains one resource and it is not the resource that has an appointment scheduled. I will try to get the schedule to send to you (even though it is empty). I haven't touched this code at all and since the most resent version has been used it has started doing this like it is checking a free period within the calendar as opposed to the specific resource.

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

TRB

Meppy knows all!!

Reply #14 - Jun 15th, 2016 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
To confirm I removed references to the new version and referenced the old one again and it all works 100% correctly with the same schedule. Defiantly an issue with the new version.

Regards,
TRB

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint