Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Updating from FPS.VirtualKeyboard (Read 4502 times)
Chris M
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Updating from FPS.VirtualKeyboard
May 2nd, 2016 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Do you have any information on what needs to be done to update from a previous FPS Components Virtual Keyboard solution to Mindfusion?

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Re: Updating from FPS.VirtualKeyboard
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2016 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
You can find API changes listed here -
http://www.mindfusion.eu/onlinehelp/keyboard.winforms/index.htm?What_s_New_in_th...

The new build will no longer work with FPS serial numbers. If you have a license for our Windows Forms pack, assign your key to Keyboard.LicenseKey property, otherwise you can request a keyboard-only key at our support email address.

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

Chris M
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2016 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
I changed the project reference, namespace references, and property and eventargs.  I also modified our

FPS.VirtualKeyboard.Common.LicenseValidator.LicenceKey = "....."

to be

MindFusion.Licensing.LicenseManager.AddLicense(".....")

The solution now builds and seems to run correctly after these changes.

But are you saying the license key we have been using that we obtained through FPS is no longer valid and we should obtain a new one from Mindfusion?

IP Logged

Chris M
YaBB Newbies

I Love MindFusion!

Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2016 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Also, we have several custom keyboard XML files.  Since the "Repetition" property has now been changed to "Repeat", do we need to recreate all of our XML custom keyboard files?

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2016 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The solution now builds and seems to run correctly after these changes. But are you saying the license key we have been using that we obtained through FPS is no longer valid and we should obtain a new one from Mindfusion?

It should be displaying a trial watermark if you don't assign a key in our format, doesn't it? If you want to move to Mindfusion version of the keyboard assembly you will need a new key, which you will get for free if you had active maintenance with FPS. (Your old key will still work with the original FPS build)

Quote:
Also, we have several custom keyboard XML files.  Since the "Repetition" property has now been changed to "Repeat", do we need to recreate all of our XML custom keyboard files?

You could use the "Replace All in Files" command of Visual Studio to replace Repetition with Repeat in the XML layout files.

Regards,
Slavcho
Mindfusion

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint