Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic GetObjectAtPos (Read 2477 times)
Johan

GetObjectAtPos
Oct 24th, 2005 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Hi have trouble getting the Box object when dropping something on it. I use a laptop with external screen (They have different resolutions)
What i do is i create a box and then just drag and drop on it. But the coordinates dont seam to respond.

Box click X:58 Y:54

Drop: Screen X:415 Y:463 X:109,8021 Y:122,5021

Any idea what can cause the error?
[code]

private void flowChart1_DragDrop(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs e)

{
PointF mousePos = flowChart1.ClientToDoc(new Point(e.X,e.Y));

System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine(string.Format("Screen X:{0} Y:{1} X:{2} Y:{3}",e.X, e.Y, mousePos.X, mousePos.Y));

Box b = flowChart1.GetNodeObjectAt(mousePos, true, true) as Box;

if (b != null)
    b.Text = (string)e.Data.GetData(typeof(string));

}

private void flowChart1_BoxClicked(object sender, MindFusion.FlowChartX.BoxMouseArgs e)

{

e.Box.Text = string.Format("X:{0} Y:{1}",e.Box.BoundingRect.Left, e.Box.BoundingRect.Top);

}
[/code]

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: GetObjectAtPos
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Hi,

It seems that problem is not coming from the external monitor but from the e.X and e.Y coordinates. While coordinates of most mouse events raised from the Control class are given in client coordinates, the drag-and-drop coordinates are specified in screen pixels. So you can use the Control.PointToClient method to convert from screen to client coordinates, then FlowChart.ClientToDoc to get the document coordinates. E.g. :

PointF docPos = fc.ClientToDoc(fc.PointToClient(new Point(e.X,e.Y)));

IP Logged

Johan

Re: GetObjectAtPos
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Thanks for the fast response  Cheesy Helped!

I also noted that I had choosed to ignore selected and locked nodes while seaching which made me miss some nodes...

Cheers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint