Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Grid sizing (Read 3975 times)
Tom Steer

Grid sizing
Nov 29th, 2005 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I'm currently looking into using the .NET Flowchart control and have a question regarding the grid of the flowchart.

I believe that the grid for the Flowchart only allows you to specify one value for the size; i.e. the cells of the grid will always be square.

I'd like to be able to specify different height and widths for the cells and have the controls snap to the grid accordingly (for example, when dragging a box horizontally have it snap in intervals of 10mm, and when dragging it vertically have it snap in intervals of 5mm).

Is this possible?  If not is it a feature you are considering for the future?

Cheers,
Tom

IP Logged

Iva

MindFusion support

Re: Grid sizing
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2005 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Flowchart.NET.

At this time there is a single GridSize property that sets both the horizontal and vertical grid point distances. We can implement properties to set vertical and horizontal sizes separately in the 4.01 version.

Cheers,
Iva

IP Logged

Tom Steer

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2005 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Iva,

Thanks for your quick response.  Do you know when v4.01 is likely to be released?

Cheers,
Tom

IP Logged

Iva

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2005 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
We still have some troubles releasing version 4, but version 4.01 will be released a couple of weeks after 4.0 to implement several customers requests we have recently got.

Cheers,
Iva

IP Logged

Tom Steer

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2005 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Will this enhancement include major and minor grid lines, or just one set of grid lines?

Cheers,
Tom

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2005 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Hello,

As you mention that, I guess our developers can implement major/minor grid lines very easy. We will try to do that in next release.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2005 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
There are GridSizeX and GridSizeY properties implemented now, but we are not sure what the minor grid lines should do. Are they grid lines drawn on the screen but not used to align items ? Or they should be just drawn thinner and still used for alingnment ?

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint