Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Windows Explorer View (Read 2681 times)
Ganesh Muthuvelu

Windows Explorer View
Feb 16th, 2006 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Hi,
I am trying to build a tree with boxes and arrows something similar to the Windows Explorer. While I am able to draw the tree (with folders and sub folders), the tree drawn is kind of big and has diff. style; I want to produce a tree that looks 100% similar to the Windows Explorer tree view..

Is there any sample or could you give me some code to make the flowchart produce the exact style as that of Windows Explorer?.

Thanks,
Ganesh

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Windows Explorer View
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Hi,

There is the "DirTree" example installed with FlowChart.NET that does something like what you need. It uses the  bordered tree layout style to create a tree similar to the explorer one. It even creates some folder-like shapes to represent directories on the disk.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Ganesh Muthuvelu

Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Hi Stoyan,
I did see the "DirTree" sample. It does show the folders and subfolders in tree view but did does not show in the SAME style as that of Windows Explorer. What I mean is that - the style should be exactly same as that of Windows Explorer..

The tree in the "DirTree" demo is so big and does not reflect 100% as that of Windows Explorer.. How should I change the style of the tree ? to reflect Wndows explorer style.

Thanks,
Ganesh

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Do you mean you need the +/- icon on the left, then the folder icon in the middle and text on the right ?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2006 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Here is a modified DirTree sample that uses folder icons and displays the text on the right:

https://mindfusion.org/_samples/DirTree.zip

The +/- button does not look that good over the arrow on the left, so it is hidden. A tree branch can be collapsed/expandeed by clicking the folder icon.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint