Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is this possible? (Read 2138 times)
Ganesh Muthuvelu

Is this possible?
Feb 16th, 2006 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
Is it possible to produce a layout like this uisng the flow chart control?

http://66.7.11.107/ganesh/pic.gif

1) Each tree has its own borders that can be resized - to resize each tree.
2) Note the arrows going out from the border line of the tree and not directly from the individual items which makes it more readable.
3) Hz and vertical scroll bars for each tree.
4) Individual titles for each tree..

Thanks,
Ganesh

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Is this possible?
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2006 at 6:53am
Print Post  
You might try hosting TreeView controls as in this example:

https://mindfusion.org/_samples/Trees.zip

The TreeView.Expand and the fc.BoxModifying event handlers recalculate the arrow end points positions so they keep pointing to their respective TreeView node. You might have to handle more events like that, e.g. the ones related to TreeView scrolling.

If you allow your users draw links between TreeViews, then you will have to add some code to find the TreeView node with which an arrow should be associated.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Ganesh Muthuvelu

Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2006 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Stoyan,
Thanks for the sample. I have a problem in getting this done.

"If you allow your users draw links between TreeViews, then you will have to add some code to find the TreeView node with which an arrow should be associated. "

Let us say that I would like to arrows to start directly from the tree node instead of the box (in which the tree is hosted), is it possible?. Sorry, if I am stretching you - but getting this done means so much to our entire project.

Thanks,
Ganesh

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Feb 17th, 2006 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Hi Ganesh,

Unfortunately FlowChart.NET cannot draw in the windows of hosted controls, so arrows cannot start directly from items of the TreeView. If you need that, you could use a tree of Boxes as in the first sample, but that would require a lot of work to implement scrolling.

I guess this could be done by using tables too, if our developers extend the "header rows" feature to allow for deeper hierarchies (right now only two-level hierarchies are possible). However our list of customer-requested features is quite long at this time, we might need 2-3 months to get to that.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint