Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Path finding (Read 1183 times)
maxnetpromo
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Path finding
Apr 15th, 2006 at 6:56am
Print Post  
I have build a simulation of an electricity grid. i will simulate a cable fault, where nodes in the grid will have an interrupted poer supply.

I am going to build a solution finder that will help find an alternative route for powering the affected nodes. Some basic contraints that must be satisfied are,

1. power output of root (main transformer) must not be exceeded.
2. current carrying capacity of cable within the path (weighted arrows) must not be exceeded.

3. Multiple sources of power (multiple routes) can be assumed.

4. Nodes receive supply from a single source of current ONLY. flow is controlled using switches attached to nodes.

Also there is no difference between incoming and outgoing arrows. I set the 'direction' of flow of current using logic i implemented by linking arrows and boxes with ids.

I know flowchart.net has some methods supporting pathfinding using weights at the edges (arrows) how can these be used in my case?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Path finding
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 6:21am
Print Post  
The PathFinder.FindShortestPath method has two arguments specifying whether node and link weights should be considered when looking for a path. I guess you could use that and simulate the cable fault by setting a large weight to the corresponding link (e.g. a value larger than the sum of all other weights will guarantee that FindShortestPath will not return a path that includes the faulty link).

Unfortunately in the current version the path finder always makes difference between incoming and outgoing arrows.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint