Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Display of Items in SingleMonth view (Read 3473 times)
Bud Staniek

Display of Items in SingleMonth view
Jul 9th, 2006 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
I have 2 questions about the SingleMonth view:

1) Effect of Themes on SingleMonth view:
When the Calendar's CurrentView property is set to SingleMonth and the Theme property is set to Standard, I can see Items on the schedule. However, if I change the Theme to any other setting (Silver, Lila, Win2003), the Items are no longer visible. This is true even if I explicitly set the ItemSettings.ItemsVisible to Enabled. How do I display Items with those custom themes?

2) Clock icons on Items in SingleMonth view:
Is it possible to make those little clock icons go away? I cannot figure out what their purpose is, but each icon disappears if I drag it out to the adjacent day then drag back in again.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Display of Items in SingleMonth view
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 5:16am
Print Post  
1) The items in a single month view are placed in the area of the day cell, which is not occupied by the cell header. If the day header occupies the whole cell, there is no room for items and they are not displayed. The day cell header in Lila, Windows2003 and Silver occupies the whole day, while the day header in the Standard theme has a fixed size. This explains why items are only visible in the Standard theme. Of course you can set any desired theme, then go to MonthSettings.DaySettings.HeaderSize and change it to an appropriate value (0 forces the header to span the whole cell, leaving no room for items).

2) The clocks display the time of the day the item starts and ends respectively. The clocks are not displayed for all-day items or when the item starts or ends exactly at 0:00 AM. When resizing the item to the previous day, then returning it back, causes the item to start at 0:00 AM and that's why the clock disappears. There are currently no means to prevent the clocks from being displayed, but we will add a property in the next version of Planner.NET.

Meppy

IP Logged

Bud Staniek

Re: Display of Items in SingleMonth view
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Thanks again  for your usual prompt and logical explanations

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint