Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A new example (Read 3943 times)
Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

A new example
Feb 12th, 2007 at 7:27am
Print Post  
We have updated the netdiagram.dll to enable transfer of images between the server and the applet, and created a new example to show that. It is in the Samples\NetworkChart folder in this archive -

https://www.mindfusion.org/_beta/NetDiagram.zip

The example shows two FlowChart objects on the page. The left one serves as a palette where you can select the current icon to draw, and the other one is the drawing canvas where you can click to add a new box.

Java supports only PNG, GIF and JPEG images. Loading .BMP or .ICO files works on the server, but the applet fails to load them.

g.

IP Logged

jaschwa
YaBB Newbies

Re: A new example
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2007 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Cheesy
I love the concept of being able to interact with the diagram, but not so thrilled about having to write alot of Javascript since that is not my forté.
Sad
I'm not extremely familiar with AJAX yet, but seems like there should be a way to write some Javascript that will do an AJAX call to a C# function on the server.
Any ideas? ???
It seems like this would be a need whether the diagram is rendered as a Java applet or in SVG.

Will the web version of NetDiagram have the same layout behaviors as the WinForms version?

How stable is the beta release?
Is it safe to start developing with it?
Any news on when a 1.0 version will be available?

Thanks.

Jeff Schwandt&&Corporate Net Solutions&&Fidelity National Financial&&Jacksonville, FL&&

IP Logged

Slavcho
YaBB Moderator

tech.support

Re: A new example
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2007 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Hi,

You could use Script# if you prefer C# over of JavaScript -
http://projects.nikhilk.net/Projects/ScriptSharp.aspx

With Ajax you might write one-liners in JavaScript, and do most processing on the server anyway. Or just add a postback button and process the diagram in Page_Load, without ever touching JavaScript.

We will also implement some kind of AutoPostBack mode where the applet will post back after each item creation or modification and raise a server side event. However that won't be available in the first release of NetDiagram.

At this time the web version has all the layouts of the WinForms one, except the AnnealLayout.

We are not even at beta yet, but the control is pretty stable. We've found only one serious issue in that last preview version - Java-to-JavaScript communication in Firefox stops working for the entire session when you try to handle the AppletStarted event. We have fixed this by using a timer, and will release the fix with the first beta in a couple of days. Believe it or not, IE has much better support for Java applets than Firefox from what I've seen so far Roll Eyes

g.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint