Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Printing calendar in single month view (Read 3520 times)
bpeacock
YaBB Newbies

War Eagle!

Printing calendar in single month view
Mar 13th, 2007 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
I am trying to print a date range while the calendar is in single month view.  I would like to be able to print automatically all the months for a given start date and end date.  Currently, I can only print the current month.  I was able to create a routine that loops through a given date range and switches the calendar to each month then fires the calendar.print() method.  The only problem is the print dialog pops up every time the month changes and the print method is fired.  Users won't like that.  Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Printing calendar in single month view
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2007 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Try using the void Print(PrintDocument doc) overloaded method. It won't display a dialog but just use the printer specified in doc.PrinterSettings. By default that's the system default printer, but you can change it if you wish.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

bpeacock
YaBB Newbies

War Eagle!

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2007 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
That worked fine.  Thanks for the help

IP Logged

Charliemouse
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Hi.  I'm having a similar problem, but printing a range of days as individual timetables.

Using the Print(PrintDocument doc) overload works to an extent but if, for example, I wanted to print a week as 7 pages, it would generate 7 individual print jobs, each with a dialog box saying "Printing page 1 of 1".  This is even more problematic when printing to file, as the user is prompted 7 times.

A solution would be to change the Calender's BeginPrint, PrintPage and EndPrint methods from private to protected virtual (so Calendar could be overriden) or public (so it could be manually attached to a PrintDocument).  The first solution is probably more OO, certainly considering that being able to extend the Calendar component via inheritance is a desirable feature.

Or is there another way around this that I have totally overlooked?

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
We will consider making the print methods in the Calendar class protected virtual in the next release.

Meppy

IP Logged

Charliemouse
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2007 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Cool.  8)

I think that should do it - an inheriting class could then intercept the begin, page and end messages from a PrintDocument and perform custom processing, such as moving the component onto the next day between pages.  A little more access around printing would definitely enhance the component.

Cheers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint