Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ClearAll, help! (Read 2047 times)
DConroy
YaBB Newbies

ClearAll, help!
Jul 9th, 2007 at 11:52am
Print Post  
We've been using FlowChart for some time now.

I'm refactoring our methods that draw on the chart.

For movement's sake, I've changed our layout.  We create a box make him the master of a group and then draw his children, attaching them to his group.

Each one of his children, then create a group they are master of and attach their children to that group, and so on down the line.

Since making this change, the clearall function has slowed down significantly, taking like 5 seconds on larger diagrams.

I've tried doing my own clear(by calling boxes.clear, etc), but that leaves the chart not invalidating correctly, despite my explicit call to invalidate.

HELP

IP Logged

DConroy
YaBB Newbies

Re: ClearAll, help!
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2007 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
As a followup, it seems the problem existed with large diagrams in older versions too.

It seems its just a problem with clear all in any large node count diagram.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: ClearAll, help!
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2007 at 5:03am
Print Post  
How many groups and nodes do you have in that diagram? We don't think ClearAll can be made any faster anyway. Instead of calling ClearAll and reusing the Flowchart instance, you might try removing the old Flowchart, creating a new instance and adding it to the form. You will need to remove all references and event handlers to the old Flowchart, and at some point the garbage collector will free the memory allocated to it.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint