Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Routing makes arrows inaccessible (Read 1869 times)
Stuart

Short, fat and bald, that's
me.

Routing makes arrows inaccessible
Sep 11th, 2008 at 9:06am
Print Post  
OK, let me expand on that. The following image is a screenshot of my test app. The system has created all of the nodes and arrows and has applied a tree layout (badly) to it. Note the position of the scrollbars; we're at the top left of the window.

The following image shows the same diagram after calling 'RouteAllArrows'. You'll see that the arrow from the 'Start Process' node disappears off the left of the screen. What may not be obvious is that it appears from the top of the screen before joining the first decision box. Again note the position of the scrollbars.

Because the window doesn't expand when the routing moves the arrows off it the scrollbars don't move which means I can't get at all of the segments of the arrow.

Am I helping yet?
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2009 at 1:39pm by Stuart »  

-- &&Stuart
YIM  
IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Routing makes arrows inaccessible
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
As a quick fix you might call the FitDocToObjects method after calling RouteAllArrows. However the link will still choose to get around the start node at its left and top sides, instead of going straight to the decision box. I guess this is due to a combination of the RoutingOptions.GidSize, NodeVicinityCost and NodeVicinitySize values out-weighting the LengthCost value. As a rule of thumb, the distance between the nodes should be at least three times the RoutingOptions.GidSize, and the first two nodes seem to be closer than that. You might try either using larger LengthCost value, or placing the nodes a bit further from each other.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Stuart

Short, fat and bald, that's
me.

Re: Routing makes arrows inaccessible
Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Stoyan
Stoyo wrote on Sep 11th, 2008 at 12:09pm:
I guess this is due to a combination of the RoutingOptions.GidSize, NodeVicinityCost and NodeVicinitySize values out-weighting the LengthCost value. As a rule of thumb, the distance between the nodes should be at least three times the RoutingOptions.GidSize,

Thanks for the info. I've not investigated any of those options yet - so much to learn, so little time - but I'll look in to them.

I do, however, take your point about the relationship between GridSize and NodeSpacing.

Thanks again.

-- &&Stuart
YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint