Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic FlowLayout Arrange causes very long links (Read 1262 times)
tom_w

Swimlanes made our dreams
come true :-)

FlowLayout Arrange causes very long links
Oct 20th, 2008 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Hi there

I'm having some problems with the FlowLayout causing very long links for no logical reason that I can understand ???

You can see this using the ProcessLayout example:

Press Arrange.
    Delete the link between the 'Prepare Invoice' node and the 'Product Delivered?' node.
    Delete the 'Product' link between the Deliver Product and Process Payment nodes.
    Press Arrange.
    Some of the links are made very long and the diagram becomes very wide.

I'm getting this sort of thing occuring seemingly randomly in the software we are writing at present and it is worrying. Is there a reason for this and how can I stop it?

Thanks

Tom

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: FlowLayout Arrange causes very long links
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Hi,

At this time FlowLayout expects nodes to be in well defined groups, each group starting with a node whose LayoutTraits[LogicID] is set to one of the IDs in GroupStartNodes, and ending with a node whose id is in GroupEndNodes, and there should be a control-flow path from the start to end node. Deleting the links you specify breaks this condition. Now if you set the LogicID of the "Product Delivered" node to "Process Start", the method should work fine.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

tom_w

Swimlanes made our dreams
come true :-)

Re: FlowLayout Arrange causes very long links
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Thanks Stoyo, that makes sense logically.

It would probably be neater if the user or developer had some control over what happened in this type of scenario (e.g. an AlignUnclosedGroupsLeft, HighlithgUnclosedGroups or something like that).  I can't really think of a scenario where the long links would be the desired behaviour.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint