Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Custom Scroll Bars (Read 1342 times)
tom_w

Swimlanes made our dreams
come true :-)

Custom Scroll Bars
Nov 14th, 2008 at 11:05am
Print Post  
OK, this is a bit of an odd one Roll Eyes

We are using the flowchart.net control inside a winform application where the rest of the of the UI controls are infragistics controls.

The infragistics controls can be 'styled' (i.e. re-skinned) in a myriad of ways and one of the elements that can be changed is the appearance of the scrollbars. The styling our client wants uses a non-standard scrollbar style, which means that the Flowchart's scrollbar is a different style to the rest of the UI.

I know this isn't a fault in anyway of the Flowchart, but do you guys have any thoughts on how I could hide the flowchart's native scrollbars and replace these with the infragistic's ones?

My first thought was to put the diagram on an infragistics panel sized to fit the full bounds of the diagram and then put this panel on a form - which would hopefully mean that the the diagram wouldn't need it's scrollbars (so they wouldn't show) and the infragistics panel would automatically then show its own scrollbars if the diagram (and therefore the panel) is bigger than the visible area.

The only problem I can see I could have with this is that the diagram overview presumably bases its little shaded visible area rectangle on the same logic used to determine whether the diagramview should show scrollbars? I'm guessing then that if the diagram doesn't have scrollbars the overview won't show the visible area rectangle?

Is there anyway to force what the overview shows as the visible area?

Like I say, I know this is down to what we are doing, but any thoughts gratefully received!

Tom

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Custom Scroll Bars
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
What do the Infragistics scrollbars look like? You might access the DiagramView scrollbars using the HScrollbar and VScrollbar properties, and for example change their color or handle their Paint event.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint