Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Autolayout (Read 4367 times)
murat2912
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Autolayout
Nov 18th, 2008 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Hi.I am developing an IVR application with FlowChart.NET.There are many tablenodes,containers,links in diagramview.I am reading data from db and creating nodes.How can i arrange that tablenodes.I tried gridlayout,springlayout and others but result was not acceptable.Everyting was confused(tables,links on the top of the others).Is there another way to get a smooth arrangement?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Autolayout
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Hi,

You could set some properties to specify longer distances between nodes, and you might also combine layouts. E.g. if there are a lot of links, you could run OrthogonalLayout or RouteAllLinks after applying some initial layout only to arrange the nodes. You could email a sample diagram of yours to support@mindfusion.eu and our developer will try to find some combination of layouts and properties to arrange it nicely.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Ok, we've received it, but found a bug with how the layout classes handle links to scrollable tables and will have to fix it first. We'll try to do this by the end of the week.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Using this version of the control to fix how the layouts handle links to scrollable tables:
https://mindfusion.eu/_samples/fcnet_tableslt.zip

and this code:
http://mindfusion.eu/_samples/anneal_plus_orthogonal.txt

you get the following layout:

We can improve this a bit more by adding to OrthogonalLayout separate distribution and orientation properties for incoming and outgoing links, but it won't get much more legible with that many connections. You might use this as some kind of an overview of the whole graph, and then display a second view where links are created only for the selected node. Then this could be arranged using radial TreeLayout or SpringLayout and will look better.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

murat2912
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
ok thanks

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
ahem, now I can see that OrthogonalLayout bended a few links not exactly at orthogonal angles, we'll fix that too next week.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint