Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic PathFinder (Read 2802 times)
chrise
YaBB Newbies

PathFinder
Jan 17th, 2009 at 11:23am
Print Post  
I am using PathFinder to FindAllRoutes on charts which has been working fine on small graphes. However I now have an Graph with 132 Nodes and 304 Links. When calling FindAllRoutes the system takes over 60 minutes and maybe long to find 1100 paths.

I have duplicated the links so they are bi-directional however I have seen an eariler post that the patherfinder as an option to ignore arrow directions. I have found no way in setting this.

I am calling the findallpaths several times and it seems to make no difference on subsequent calls to it even though it is an instance of the same graph (again an eariler post commented on this new feature would improve performance). I am using version 5.1.1 on .net3.5 framework.

Is there any way of improving the performance of FindAllPaths or is there a different Algorithm I could use.

Chris

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: PathFinder
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Try this without duplicated links, using the ignoreDirection argument of the PathFinder constructor:

PathFinder finder = new PathFinder(diagram, true);

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

chrise
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2009 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Thanks for the constructor details. Is there anything that I can do about improving the performance.
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2009 at 2:42pm by chrise »  

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2009 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
There's nothing you can do, apart from not using duplicated links. We'll see if we can optimize this for the next release.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
We've improved the FindAllPaths speed from 4 minutes to 45 seconds with our test graph. You can find download link for the updated version on the PM page. This might vary for your graphs, depending on how long the paths are.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint