Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Designing a select icon button. (Read 1262 times)
khushal
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Designing a select icon button.
Mar 17th, 2009 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Hi All,

I want a functionality somewhat similar to that provided in MS-paint where u have a select icon on the tool bar panel. By clicking on the select icon the cursor changes its shape and becomes a  stretchable rectangle. U can move the cursor over the entire screen and the area of the screen where u click with the cursor (by stretching it or not), i want that a pop-up window should get open.
Then in that pop-up i have different text boxes where in information is provided about the object like title and description.After completing the entries about the object in the text boxes and clicking the close button of the pop-up window the object should appear on the parent window with some predefined image and its label same as that entered in the title text box of the pop-up window.

Thanks,

Khushal

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Designing a select icon button.
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Hi,

In the handler for that button set Behavior = DrawShapes and DefaultShape = Rectangle. If the user draws a node (stretches the shape as you call it), you get the NodeCreated event raised. There you could display the dialog and customize the newly created node, by setting its Shape, Text, Image... If the user simply clicks on the diagram, the Diagram.Clicked event is raised. There you could call Diagram.Factory.CreateShapeNode() to create a node at that position with some default size, and customize it as in the NodeCreated handler.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint