Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Some Grouping Requirements (Read 1313 times)
Anshul

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Some Grouping Requirements
Aug 12th, 2009 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Hi Stoyan,

I want to implement grouping of nodes in my application.

Requirements:

1). on a button click, all selected nodes of a diagram should be grouped to a single node. This node should have an expander button.

2). when click on the expand button, all node should be displayed and that group node should be highlighted differently also expander button sign should switch to -.

3). during collapse, all node should be grouped into that group node and expander button sign should switch to +.

4). If any nodes have any external incoming/outgoing link, during collapse all link seems to be incoming /outgoing from external node.

5). shape of custom node should be customizable. I need to display some image and text on that.

Please give your valuable suggestion on these, how it is possible? Which will be better to use a container node or a group node with respect to performance?

Regards,
Anshul

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Some Grouping Requirements
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2009 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Hi Anshul,

It should be easy to implement that kind of expand/collapse by setting ExpandButtonAction = Custom and handling the ExpandButtonClicked event. You can implement collapse by making the child nodes invisible and setting their Shape and Bounds to be the same as the parent node's ones so that the links are automatically aligned to the parent's outlines. You could keep the original shapes and Bounds of the children as Tag values or in a hashtable and restore them when expanding.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Anshul

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Some Grouping Requirements
Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2009 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Hi Stoyan,

Thanks for the reply. I will try to implement this by your suggestion. I will let you know if encountered any problem.

Regards,
Anshul

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint