Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bugs (or limitations) in essential functionality (Read 2306 times)
fireboy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Bugs (or limitations) in essential functionality
Dec 17th, 2009 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Hi,
our company is evaluating different Silverlight charting components with the intention of buying one. DiagramLite looks very feature rich, but when trying out the trial version, I came across the following bugs/limitations. Could you please comment and confirm them as bugs or am I just doing something wrong here.
1. I set up 3 anchor points for my shape: 1 for incoming links, 2 for outgoing. Yet, it is possible to create a loopback link from the outgoing link to the same outgoing link (which should not accept incoming connections).

2. I use LinkStyle "Cascading" in my diagram, but when I modify a loopback link so that it connects to another shape, it remains curved (Bezier shaped) instead of returning to cascading style.

3. Using the same anchor points defined in step 1, it is still possible to connect links to outgoing-only anchor points by taking an existing link and dragging its end point there.

4. When I set HandleStyle to "EasyMove" or "SquareHandles2", the shapes react to mouse clicks in the interior area unpredictably. Usually on the first click and drag a link will be created. I have to explicitly click the shape and then guess where to click to initiate dragging instead of link creation. Setting ModificationStart to AutoHandles does not help - the first click and drag is still link creation. I need reliable dragging on first click.

Just in case you are wondering about my configuration - I am using Silverlight 3, the shape I tested with is BpmnParallelFork, LinkStyle - Cascading, ShowGrid - true, Behavior - DrawLinks (shapes are added programmatically), RouteLinks - true, AlignToGrid - true.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Bugs (or limitations) in essential functionali
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Hi,

1 and 2) The control ignores anchor points and always changes the links style to Bezier for self-loop links. You could amend this by setting the link's ControlPoints positions and Style in response to LinkCreated and LinkModified events. If you consider that essential, I suppose we could add some built-in support for restoring the Style and using anchor points in those cases.

3) Right, looks like a bug.

4) It seems HandlesStyle is considered only for selected nodes, otherwise the control draws links.It should also be used in auto-handles mode though. Our developer will check if there's something wrong with that.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Hi,

This should fix 3) and EasyMove + AutoHandles will probably work as you expect it to:
https://mindfusion.eu/_beta/diaglite_easymove.zip

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

fireboy
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
I have tested your supplied version and it appears to work perfectly now. Thanks for the quick reaction!
Any idea when 1.3 will reach production stage?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2009 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Hi,

At the end of January. We should start official 1.3 beta tests next week, with undo/redo support as the major new feature.

Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint