Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Resource view - moving appointments (Read 6974 times)
tecky
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Resource view - moving appointments
Feb 25th, 2010 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Is it possible in resource view to move (drag&drop) an existing appointment between existing contacts without use of the resource window?

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Resource view - moving appointments
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Hold down the ALT key before or during the item drag operation.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

tecky
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Oh thanks, perfect! Is there a trick to do this without holding the ALT key?

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Nope, this is currently the only way to do it. We will add this feature for the next release.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

springy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Phew.. it would be great if this could be disabled.

Is the ItemModifying event the right place for detecting such changes? (Because it does not get triggered if you move the items without changing StartTime and I also do not see any useful information which shows old and new resource).

/\/\arkus.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 11:55am
Print Post  
ItemModifying should be the right place for resource changes tracking. We will see how to make this event more useful in this regard. The change will probably be available in the next release.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Hi again,

Take a look at this version of the control:

https://mindfusion.eu/_pln_trial/MindFusion.Scheduling.Wpf.2.1h.zip

The ItemModifying event has been redesigned so that it is raised more consistently during various interactive item modifications. Additionally the information provided with the event now contains the previous start and end time of the item as well as its previously associated resource (instead of the current ones, which can be obtained from the item itself).

Additionally, the version provides selection tooltips in Timetable and Resource views. In order to enable them, set the new Calendar.ShowSelectionToolTips property to true. The tooltip format can be manipulated through the Calendar.SelectionToolTipFormat property.

Also, the new Calendar.ItemChangeReferenceKey property specifies the key, which when hold, allows the user to reschedule items to different resources interactively. This is the ALT key by default. Setting this property to None will allow users to reschedule items across resources without having to hold down any modifier keys.

Please, have a look at this version and let me know if there is anything we can improve further.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

springy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
I did not have much time for testing, yet, but I spotted 2 problems:

1. The modifying event does not report the original values to which the item would return when the event would signal a cancellation but instead returns the last values of the previous modifying event (which I think is not really of any interrest).

2. Klicking with Alt+Click on an appointment which has multiple contacts assigned and just moving it inside the same lane removes all the other contacts -- but I did not have time yet for figuring out what data the event transports at which time and whether I can workaround this "problem" for "my case".

"My case" means: I have one "all" contact which shows all appointments -- that means every appointment has 2 contacts: The real contact and the "all" contact.

/\/\arkus.

IP Logged

Meppy
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #8 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
We have made further modifications to the ItemModifying event taking into consideration your recommendations. I will upload a new version of the control once you have finalized your testing.

Regards,
Meppy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint