Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Making Raised Node Edges (Read 1590 times)
BudMan
YaBB Newbies

Credidi me felem vidisse

Making Raised Node Edges
Mar 29th, 2010 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
I noticed that a lot of nodes in your samples have a 3-dimensional 'raised' appearance. From what I gather, this is done via the Pen's CompoundArray setting. I have been playing around with that on my own project, but just can't get the hang of it. The Winforms forum has only 1 message regarding the CompoundArray and it is very short. Can you point me to some documentation of that or just tell me what array values to use for the 3D look?

Thanks

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Making Raised Node Edges
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Set diagram.EffectProvider to an instance of the EffectProvider class from MindFusion.Diagramming.EffectsProvider.dll and set Diagram.EnableEmbossEffects = true.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

BudMan
YaBB Newbies

Credidi me felem vidisse

Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Very cool. That worked great. Thanks.

But what the heck is the Pen's CompoundArray anyway? I see it affects the thickness of the border, but so does Pen Width. And I don't get how the visual 'progress bar' used to set it in the Properties window corresponds to an array of Singles. Very mysterious.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 8:13am
Print Post  
A compound pen can be used to draw several lines with different thickness for item's border. For an example, draw some nodes in the "Controls" sample project; you will see the borders there drawn using double lines.

The widget in the Pen editor is not a progress bar, but it lets you toggle some parts of the lines drawn with this pen either visible or invisible (by clicking on one of the bars). To see any effect from clicking there, you must also set a larger pen width.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint