Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Decision Activity yes/no are not aligning center (Read 2941 times)
praveenbattula
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Decision Activity yes/no are not aligning center
Apr 23rd, 2010 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Hi,
We have decision activities in diagram. They have two outgoing links for yes and no. The problems here is, the yes and no are not aligning correct on connector links. Some times they are overlapping with destination node. So, what could be the problem?

See the below screens.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B65pqf9wDPxBMWZhMGE5YzMtMmFkNS00MzBiLWFkZDUtMGQ...

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B65pqf9wDPxBZjkzYTFhNGQtYzI2MC00OTBhLWExMzYtYzg...

thanks

IP Logged

Chandermani
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Decision Activity yes/no are not aligning cent
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Hi,
I am working with Praveen on the same issue. Since we have a source code license for SL. I tried to debug the issue in source code. What i realize that the text placement algorithm depends upon the number of control points of a link. Having a different behaviour for even and odd control points. The UpdateTextLayout method on DiagramLink class is performing this task.
In our case 2 or more control points have same value and hence the TextBlock gets dock to either left or right.
For the link under consideration the connected shapes are moved using code and ideally control points should increase\decrease based on the shape position. When the overlapping is occurring the two shapes are in a line but still control point count is 3 instead
Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Yes, at this time the label is always displayed at the middle segment or point. If by chance you are using a derived link class, you could override UpdateVisuals and place the textblock at a different position. Otherwise you can create a method that gets the textblock for a link through the link.Content canvas and sets the textblock position, and then call this method in response to LinkModifying and NodeModifying events, and also every time you set the link's position from code.

IP Logged

Chandermani
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Thanks Stoyo,
I would give it a try.

IP Logged

Chandermani
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
We are deriving a new class from the DiagramLink class. In case i override the UpdateVisual what all methods i need to call.Would calling base.UpdateVisual be good enough. Also the textblock is not a protected\public property on the DiagramLink class. So do i need to get the instance using link.Canvas?
If we could have the Textblock as protected and the method UpdateTextLayout as overridable we can place the text as expected.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
At this time you can get the TextBlock as shown here -
http://mindfusion.eu/Forum/YaBB.pl?board=diaglite_disc;action=display;num=127106...

and update its position after calling base.UpdateVisuals. We'll add some features to make the label position overridable for the next release.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #6 - Apr 28th, 2010 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
This version adds a public TextBlock getter and allows overriding the UpdateTextLayout method, in case you are interested in trying out the beta:

https://mindfusion.eu/_beta/diaglite15.zip

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint