Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Connector is overlapping with Shape node border (Read 3557 times)
praveenbattula
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Connector is overlapping with Shape node border
Apr 29th, 2010 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Hi,
Connection/Link is overlapping with shape node. This is happening when I manually move or zoom it. See it before,
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B65pqf9wDPxBZTFmYWQyMDEtMDc0Yi00MWE0LTk1YTUtNzN...
after
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B65pqf9wDPxBZTIzMmJkYjktZjVjMC00NDE1LWI1MGUtZjV...

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Connector is overlapping with Shape node borde
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Hi,

If that's an auto-routed link and you are using GridRouter, there is something strange with the RoutingOptions settings you are using. Could you copy your values of all routing properties here? E.g. one disproportionally high cost value might override the effect of the NodeVicinityCost property, and say the link might choose going along the border instead of bending somewhere further from the node.

Stoyan

IP Logged

praveenbattula
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Yes. We are using the Grid Router and Auto Route. And along with them below are the ones we defined.

this.RoutingOptions.GridSize = 13;
           this.RoutingOptions.TurnCost = 30;
           this.RoutingOptions.NodeVicinityCost = 11;

thanks

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 10:47am
Print Post  
I am getting nice results with these values when moving the link and nodes around. What do you mean by "manually move or zoom"?

Are you running any code that modifies the link or nodes in response to LinkModified? Try explicitly calling the link's Route method in such case, after the changes are done.

Stoyan

IP Logged

praveenbattula
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 11:09am
Print Post  
OK, Here is the case. When nodes are close, then it's coming like this. And in zoom increase [we are using zoom to rectangle. Make some rectangle selection with mouse and zoom it that region] then also it's coming. I am using node modified event and everytime I am doing link.Route().

When nodes are close, then only it's coming. In the sense, it's try to fit in the given space and if it can't then it is overlapping with the node border.

thanks any way.

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
That's a bad thing about GridRouter - it will probably mark the empty space between nodes as occupied if it's less than or near twice the grid size. So you will need to assign a smaller value to RoutingOptions.GridSize to find nice paths in such situations but wait longer for routing, or otherwise use QuickRouter. Regarding your original problem about the unnecessary QuickRouter bends, have you tried setting the QuickRouter.TurnCost property to a larger value?

Stoyan

IP Logged

kaykay15
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Hello MindFusion Team,

I am working with praveen on this issue. This issue is happening when we use ZoomToRect method of the Diagram Control.

Initially diagram is rendering perfectly, but when we zoom into region(using ZoomToRect) connectors layout are getting updated, i really don't know why is it happening.

On Regional Zoom event we are just calling the method ZoomToRect with SelectionRectangle Bounds as parameters. That's it.

Does changing the viewable area using ZoomToRect affects the layout of connectors?

Thanks,
-KayKay

Thanks,&&-KayKay

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Reply #7 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Changing the zoom level just applies a scale transform to the topmost diagram visual element, and should not affect it. I suppose links routing is triggered by the ContainerNode created to draw the zoom region. Instead of containers, try creating a custom node type that implements the zoom tool and overrides EndDrag, but does not call the base EndDrag implementation which routes the links in the vicinity.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint