Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Assigning OriginAnchor and DestinationAnchor (Read 1682 times)
Naganathan
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Assigning OriginAnchor and DestinationAnchor
Aug 9th, 2010 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Hi,
We are loading more than 200 control nodes and 200 links in our diagram.Its taking around 75 seconds to load the diagram..After some debugging and analysis we found that loading links is taking 99% of the time.The complete diagram information will be coming from database like node size,link details,link control points ,link origin anchor and destination anchor..If we comment out lines which are assigning OriginAnchor and DestinationAnchor values, the diagram gets loaded in 10 seconds.Please provide some workaround or solution to improve the performance..
P.S. let us know if you want us to send the POC..
You can recreate the issue by creating dummy nodes and links(assign the OriginAnchor and DestinationAnchor as 0 explicitly).

Thanks,
Naganathan NS

IP Logged

Stoyo
God Member

MindFusion support

Re: Assigning OriginAnchor and DestinationAnchor
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Are you using any of the auto-routing or link-crossings features? In such case, changing OriginAnchor / DestinationAnchor would lead to calculating new link path or crossing points with other links. You might try enabling AutoRoute and LinkCrossings after the entire diagram has been loaded, so that the respective calculations are done just once and not after each anchor point change.

You might also try enclosing the links setup code between calls to the StartDelayUpdate() and EndDelayUpdate() methods of diagram.

I hope that helps,
Stoyan

IP Logged

Naganathan
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Assigning OriginAnchor and DestinationAnchor
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 6:41am
Print Post  
Hi Stoyo,

Thanks for the quick response..yes we are setting up the auto routing and link crossing options at the time of diagram initialize.I tried with setting these values after loading the diagram and links but it seems the performance is same as before.
Where as the second option, wrapping the code between StartDelayUpdate and EndDelayUpdate works fine and it loads the diagram in 1-2 seconds even with 400 nodes and 200 links..
once again, thanks for the solution..

Thanks,
Naganathan NS.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint